Entry delay sporadically not working correctly

Old 09-30-20, 07:30 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Entry delay sporadically not working correctly

Hello everyone, I have an old DSC PC3000 alarm system on my house. Occasionally when I come home and open the main door, the alarm starts sounding right away, with no entry delay. This has lead to the alarm company calling etc. Most of the time, the entry delay works correctly allowing me to enter my code and disable the alarm. Does anyone know why this would occur? Perhaps a problem with the contacts on that door? Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-20, 09:20 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
What zone is actually going into alarm ?
If you have a motion sensor that can see that door and the door switch is intermittent..... the alarm system could see motion before it sees the door opening. The alarm needs to see the door open before any motion is detected.

Most likely a bad door switch. If it's a mechanical type.... roller ball, plunger .... it may be sticking.

Old 09-30-20, 10:34 AM
H
Hello Pete, thanks for your reply. It's zone 1 which is my "front door". No motion detector can see that door as it opens.

I was wondering about the door switch. It's a plunger style. I'll look into replacing it, thanks.

Old 09-30-20, 02:43 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
The delay is part of the configuration for the zone, it's not a function of the switch. The is it possible that your system is getting armed with the delay disabled?

Old 09-30-20, 04:32 PM
H
Hi Ron, thanks for the reply. No, I don't think its possible that its getting armed with the delay disabled. Not intentionally anyway. No one in the house knows how to do that. We just enter our code and leave. The next time we arm it and come home the delay works without re-enabling it. Any other ideas?

Old 09-30-20, 04:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
Try replacing the contact, but your system is getting up there in years, so it's possible that the processor is starting to fail. The second law of thermodynamics applies to silicon, too...

Old 10-01-20, 07:05 AM
H
Thanks for the input guys.