Adding Cell Communicator to Vista-20 Panel

Old 10-03-20, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adding Cell Communicator to Vista-20 Panel

I presently have a Vista-20 panel connected to a Honeywell Internet Communicator. I use a central monitoring station that gets the data over my internet connection. We finally got a new cell tower in our area, so I have purchased a Honeywell LTE-XA for use with AT&T that is on the tower. My plan is to install the new communicator and not disconnect the internet communicator. Then I will call the service I have and they will remotely program the new cell communicator. After the cell service is all checked out, I will disconnect the 4 wires to the internet communicator. Is it OK to have both connected like this?

Old 10-05-20, 02:15 AM
P
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
It won't work, both communicators want to be at address 3 and only one device can be at a given address. There's nothing to be gained by having your old communicator connected if it were possible though. The process of swapping over to a new communicator is simple.

Why didn't you get the LTE-IA dual-path communicator instead of the LTE-XA communicator? The panel responds faster to remote commands if it has the internet path available.

Old 10-05-20, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Now that I read the manual for the LTE-XA, it is obvious how simple the connection is. My internet communicator is kind of out of date and will not support Total Connect. My plan was to go cellular since we got a new close by tower. I also want the Phone app.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: