Concord 4 -- Can't access system programming mode

Old 12-27-20, 11:40 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 -- Can't access system programming mode

My problem is similar to that in several earlier threads, most recently here -- https://www.doityourself.com/forum/e...ming-mode.html

I cannot access system programming mode using the standard 8 + installer code + 00. After entering the code I see "Enter Cmd", but get only a low freq beep when entering the second "0". Other commands, as "01" Bus Scan, appear to work. I have tried all "cures" I have found, including removing the EPROM to do a hard reset.

One possible concern -- are all partitions disarmed? (Necessary to get into system program mode.) This was a problem in another thread. I stumbled on inx to change partitions using 8 + code + 6 + partition number, and cycled through, disarming each (using 1+code when each partition was showing). Just not perfectly sure this is an adequate "disarm" for this purpose.

Note: system is function properly with the "pre-programmed" zones (e.g., hardwired sensors trip system on pre-programmed zones). But I need to access system programming to customize and properly add a couple of wireless sensors.

Hope someone here can provide a further tip! Thank you in advance.

Old 12-27-20, 06:52 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 119 Votes on 110 Posts
Which keypad model do you have?
Only the full alphanumeric models can access the programming menus.

Old 12-28-20, 06:10 AM
B
I have the 60-983 Concord ATP1000 Alpha Touchpad -- originally provided with the package as the programming keypad.

Old 12-28-20, 04:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
That's one of the right keypads.

To check the fairly obvious, is the code you are using to check the armed status of the other partitions the installer code, or the default master user code?

Old 12-30-20, 09:18 AM
B
No question is too obvious!

I'm using the installer code -- 4321 -- both to switch to different partition and to send the disarm command. I get the same high pitch beep for each partition as I do disarming partition 1, which is active and clearly operating properly (it arms, disarms, etc.). This system has never been activated. The installer code seems to operate most functions -- arm/disarm, bus scan, etc. -- just not system programming.

Old 12-30-20, 04:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Ah, that might be your issue. The installer code can't arm/disarm. (per page 108 in the installer manual: http://www.grouponenw.com/v/cutsheet...all-manual.pdf)

Use the default master code to disarm the partitions and see if it will let you into programming afterward (using the installer code).

The only thing I figure, is that a certain percentage of these get armed in the QC process, but not disarmed before they ship.

Old 12-31-20, 10:08 AM
B
Went through each partition and disarmed with master code. (None showed "armed" when selected.) Got appropriate "success" tone after each. Still no access to system programming using either the installer code or master code. (Both code defaults, 4321 and 1234, are accepted by the system for other purposes -- random code is not.)

As indicated earlier, I've tried the "fixes" used by others in other threads (remove eprom, attach keypad with short wire near panel, done new bus scan) without success. Hoped "disarm" would be the answer, but it's not ....

I saw a person with the same issue on another thread (another site, I think), who got his system from the same diy dealer I used. The dealer was still open then, and assured him that they did not enter any custom dealer code that could be interfering. He solved the problem with one of the other fixes I've tried.

Further thoughts?

Old 12-31-20, 10:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If this came from a 3rd party vendor on ebay, then there are few certainties. It is certainly behaving as if the default there is a dealer code in place that's keeping you from entering programming.

There's no secret back doors or special tricks. Based on your description, you should be able to enter programming with the resources that you have. I think it's time for a refund/replacement from your vendor.

Old 12-31-20, 12:20 PM
B
Purchased in 2011 from a diy retailer in MN -- don't think they're still around. For a house under construction, so was able to do the direct wiring before drywall install. Just never got around to installing the panel 'til now. Don't have any recourse other than solving the problem or buying a replacement board. If the latter, do you know if the newer Honeywell boards might be compatible with the keypads? Might have to purchase those, too.

Thanks for your efforts! Please let me know if any further ideas come to you.

Old 12-31-20, 12:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
First bit of heads up warning: GE/UTC basically exited the intrusion alarm market recently, so all of the remaining parts on the market are what was left when they ceased production.

https://www.securityinfowatch.com/al...by-end-of-year

That said, plenty of dealers still have "new old stock", for the moment, so you can likely find a factory new control board.

The keypads _only_ work with Concord. Intrusion alarm parts (other than simple things like wired contacts, motions, etc.) are not interchangeable.

Old 01-08-21, 08:16 PM
W
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If Im not mistaken you can factory reset the Concord 4 by shorting the reset pins on the control panel and powering up. Or am I mistaking it with the Concord Express? I always get this mixed up.

Old 01-09-21, 08:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Concord 4 doesn't have a hardware reset. In any case, the memory clear function defaults everything _except_ the dealer code.

Old 01-11-21, 08:29 AM
B
Update on status: Using the installer code (4321), I can access Quick Programming, so I have limited functionality and can "learn" the wireless components of the system. Of course, many of the desirable functions are not available. Does the fact that the installer code worked here offer any clues?

Thanks to all for the attention so far!

Old 01-11-21, 03:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Hmmm...Double check your keypad model. You said that you have an ATP-1000. Could you _possibly_ have a FTP-1000, instead?

"Use the following touchpads for installer/user programming and system operation.
• SuperBus 2000 2x16 LCD touchpad
• SuperBus 2000 2x20 LCD touchpad
• SuperBus 2000 2x20 VFD touchpad
• SuperBus 2000 ATP 1000 touchpad
• SuperBus 2000 ATP 2100 touchpad
• SuperBus 2000 ATP 2600 touchpad
Use the following touchpads for installer quick programming, system operation and user programming:
• SuperBus 2000 fixed display touchpad
• SuperBus 2000 FTP 1000 touchpad"

Old 01-12-21, 05:37 AM
B
As I said earlier, I was sure something stupid was the problem. I have both the FTP and the ATP 1000. I got them confused during install -- the FTP looks more complex than the ATP. I've been trying to program on the FTP. Just tried the "real" ATP and got right into system programming. Never thought to verify which was which!

Thank you for helping me find my stupid mistake! (This isn't my first idiot move, and it's unlikely to be my last!)

"Ask the Right Question..." indeed!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: