ADT safewatch 3000 pro comm failure

Old 01-12-21, 05:05 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT safewatch 3000 pro comm failure

I have an adt safewatch 3000 pro. Everything is good, just need to replace some batteries. I don’t subscribe to adt or have a home phone line but upgraded the system to smart/WiFi. Unfortunately the panel shows comm failure. I read through the manual but I can’t seem to follow the programming instructions to understand it enough. Is there an easy way to disable this feature or could some highlight the correct numbers to follow for disabling this option? I already have the installer code etc to get in. Is there a way to also retrieve what other arm/disarm codes are present? I only have the one given at purchase/move in and would like to replace these with my own.

Last edited by Donald W.; 01-12-21 at 05:48 PM. Reason: further feedback needed
Old 01-13-21, 04:48 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 124 Votes on 115 Posts
The SW 3000 is a slightly modified Vista 20P: http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf

There's really no way to view programmed arming codes, but they are pretty easy to simply delete.

To change the master user code: [installer code] + 8 + 02 + [new master code]
Do this in one smooth entry because if you hesitate more than a couple of seconds between keystrokes, the code won't take.

Once you have your master code set, you can delete any secondary codes. The system will hold up to 32, but realistically, in a residential install, it's rare for more than a handful of secondary codes to be programmed, so you are pretty safe at deleting the first 5 or 6.

To delete: [master code] + 8 + [2-digit user number] + #0 for each you wish to clear.
(See page 12-1 of the installer manual)

To turn off the dialer: [Installer code] + 8 + 00
*41*
*42*
*94*
exit programming with *99

Donald W. voted this post useful.
Old 01-16-21, 12:46 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks! All worked out!

Anyone have recommendations on upgrading the key pad to something with a display or other a little more updated? My chipset is WA3001-4.2 so from what I have seen, I will need to upgrade this as well.

Or can I get some follow up on how to change the welcome screen? It currently has the prior owners name xxxx house ready to arm?

Old 01-16-21, 01:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 124 Votes on 115 Posts
The 6290 touchscreen device is compatible with Vista 20p firmware version 3 or higher. Honestly, I've rarely seen much benefit, unless the aesthetic is super important.
This being the ADT modified version; I can't be _sure_ that that touchscreen is compatible; but it should be.
They do have the model 6460 which is a bit nicer in fit/finish: https://www.security.honeywellhome.c...er%20ascending

The partition descriptor display in change in *82 alpha programming. See page 9-3 in the installer manual.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: