DSC PC1864 - strobe + siren problem

Old 01-27-21, 01:38 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1864 - strobe + siren problem

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone might be able to assist, we've got a PC1864 that I've recently gone and added one of the konnected.io items to it so we can get some remote monitoring/access working with the unit.

However during the install, everything seemed to go fine, but now the DSC has an external siren with a strobe attached to it, the strobe light is flashing 24x7 / non stop.

I've scoured the installers manual and can't find any reference to any programming item that refers directly to a strobe (or even mentions the word light / flashing) and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what avenue to go down now.

I did follow Nate from konnected.io guide with a DSC install via https://youtu.be/fcY0dYuBQCo and it all seemed fine, although I did learn the PGM1 / PGM2 couldnt be set via the method he said of "009" on his unit and the PC1864 requires

*8 + isntaller code
501 (PGM1) + 01
503 (PGM3) + 05

PGM2 I left untouched which seemed to be set as a system tamper (11)

I must of missed something in the documentation where I can control that strobe, currently only way to stop the strobe is if I turn the entire alarm off. (Note - if the alarm is set off, the strobe/siren / etc all work perfectly fine as required) just the strobe wont turn off.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Old 01-27-21, 01:47 AM
T
Well - sometimes it helps just typing things out.

While doing that I recalled thinking that each PGM item had to be set in sequence, the original installer didnt leave any information / notes / configurations at all.

For some reason I've assumed PGM2 (502) was PGM OUTPUT OPTION [11]
11 = System Tamper: Output will activate when any tamper condition is present

Now I'm not sure 'what' tamper condition was present as nothing was showing up on the keypad as a problem. I did have a 'panel tamper' switch on Zone7 , but I had to re-purpose that zone to connect to a relay to allow the konnected.io alarm panel pro to be able to activate the alarm , by setting the zone as a momentary switch.

So Zone 7 = Zone Definition (22) [Momentary Keyswitch Arm]

I'm thinking now that PGM2 (502) should actually of been set to PGM Output [01]

01 = Fire and Burglary : Output will activate (steady for burglary, pulsing for fire) if an alarm occurs on the selected partition

Will have to try that tomorrow as I dont think the wife nor neighbours will like me setting off the alarm to test this late in the evening.

Old 01-27-21, 10:36 AM
T
Received 20 Votes on 19 Posts
For testing disconnect your siren and replace it with a small 12 Volt lamp (automotive). A handy test item. I would hang my vehicle keys on the disconnected wire as a reminder.

Old 01-27-21, 03:59 PM
K
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
tribune I think you misunderstanded the manual, section 501-514 are for PGM output attributes. Section 009 are used for PGM 1 & 2 programming and section 010 are for PGM 3-10 programming output options. By default, panel is programmed that PGM2 is strobe output - option 10 (follows bell/siren). On what terminal is that strobe/siren connected?
Here is link to PC1864 v4.6NA manual: https://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007 pages 12 and 23.

ThisOldMan I don't recommend connecting 12V lamp bulb on to alarm panel, especially the PGM outputs. Even 1W lamp bulb is above typical PGM output current rating of 50mA and can burn it. You can however safely connect an LED with resistor.

Old 01-27-21, 04:23 PM
T
Hi @krikon

I'm following version 4.5 of that same manual, I have the paper version in my hand. I definitely have misunderstood the manual that is for certain.

I had also completely missed that [10] (follows bell siren)
Strobe/siren is connected to PGM2 just as you mentioned what default is assigned. So I should just need to set

PGM2 - programmable output attributes [502] as option [10] and it'll work as it should.

Thank you for that!

You wouldn't happen to be able to know the answer to this question would you by chance.
Zone7 I now have set as zone definition '22' Momentary Keyswitch, which is connected to a relay via konnected.io when I hit a button on my home automation, it will arm the alarm with the 30 sec countdown timer.

What I would like to try is have it instantly set the alarm, much like how the button on the keyfob does , I need to try (once people arent around) setting it to

[32] - Instant Stay/Away : Similar to 'Instant' except panel will auto-bypass the zone if Armed in the Stay Mode

Old 01-27-21, 04:49 PM
K
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
tribune I'm glad I was able to help. V4.5 and V4.6 manuals are identical, with the addition of carbon monoxide wireless sensors support in v4.6 aswell as automated wireless sensor enrollment process.

You don't need to set anything in section [502] - it's only for attributes which you're not interested into (by default, PGM2 will trigger on all fire, burglary etc alarms but you can make it trigger only on fire alarm for example). You are interested into PGM output options. In section [009], set second entry to 10. To be able to set second entry, you must first enter 2-digits for the first entry. I don't know if you have PGM1 connected and if you use it for anything - just retype it's option.

What do you mean by "What I would like to try is have it instantly set the alarm, much like how the button on the keyfob does"? You mean to be able of triggering panic alarm thru konnected.io? That zone definition [32] is definitely wrong for that purpose, use [16] 24-Hr Panic: Instant alarm when violated, audible alarm at default. If you mean arming with no entry delay, it's only possible for keyfobs and keypads. Keyswitch option can arm only in stay or away mode (if entry zone has triggered during exit delay).

Old 01-27-21, 05:02 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 124 Votes on 115 Posts
No, you can't get a keyswitch defined input to arm the system in instant mode. The system treats that as if the keypad code had been entered.

Zone type 32 is used to make a perimeter opening work like a motion detector zone. It's main use is to bypass things like glassbreak detectors in stay mode.

Old 01-27-21, 05:50 PM
T
KriKon & MrRonFL - Thank you both, makes perfect sense re: keyswitch only works as if the keypad code has been entered.

I'll just live with that and keep that in mind if I activate the alarm via home assistant button (which triggers the konnected.io relay)

KriKon - re: PGM2 , i will need to reset that, which is no big deal as I changed its option to 22 and then to 00 yesterday which is when I noticed the strobe stopped, so I'll fix that up today and it'll be one happy camper.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: