Safewatch pro 3000 - Cannot exit programming mode

Old 05-06-21, 05:44 PM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Safewatch pro 3000 - Cannot exit programming mode

I have a Vista 20p with Safewatch 3000 pro panels. I entered programming mode, but I am not unable to exit it using *99. The keypad displays "no ac" and the keypad will show numbers based when I press the buttons, but they aren't what I type in (eg * 5 will make the text be 50, *7 = 70 etc...)

I'd prefer not to cycle the system since I have it programmed to work with my EVL4 (and I forget many of the configuration steps)
Thanks
-Dan

Old 05-07-21, 06:55 AM
D
FYI, I largely fixed the issue by exiting zone programming area

4. Exit all programming. At the "Enter Zone Number" prompt, press [00]. This will exit zone programming. Press[*] + [99] to exit panel programming.

https://www.alarmgrid.com/faq/how-do...ireless-device

ThisOldMan voted this post useful.
Old 05-07-21, 08:10 AM
T
Received 26 Votes on 25 Posts
Thanks for posting your resolution. It might help someone else later.

Old 05-07-21, 08:12 AM
S
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Easy when you know how!!!

Old 05-07-21, 10:28 AM
D
I am getting the error codes:

111 - Check expansion wire

And one of my door sensors is no longer working and monkeying with my keyboard panel. Any thoughts on how I can:
  1. Remove the 111 error (lots of Googling doesn't seem to help)
  2. reset the zones to default without resetting the system

Thanks all

Old 05-07-21, 12:31 PM
D
Update: I did a power cycle (something I was really trying to avoid) and now nothing is displayed on the keypads. The keys are lighting up and they "beep" when you click them, but that is it. I've tried cycling the system several times, but to no avail.

Update: If the keypads don't light up, then hold 1 + 3 at the same time for a few seconds. This should make the keys light up.

Now, I am figuring out the issue of a new "zone" being marked as open, and none of the other doors/windows reading (only one does)

Last edited by dan7800; 05-07-21 at 01:20 PM. Reason: more information
Old 05-07-21, 12:46 PM
T
Received 26 Votes on 25 Posts
Only 8 on-board zones on a 20P so zone 09 has to be wireless o hardwired to a Zone Expansion Module. Check connections and programming. Some keypads contain wireless receivers.

RE Post #6: Check the keypad connections.

Old 05-07-21, 01:26 PM
D
The keypad connections appear to be good (I haven't done anything with them physically). I am not sure why none of the zones (but 1) seem to be working.

There is also a zone 8 that I never knew existed before, and it intermitelly opens and closes.

Additionally, the upstairs keypad is not displaying any messages (but the downstairs one is)

A few other details:
  • I don't seem to have a "zone 08" hooked up to the system - those ports are empty.

Last edited by dan7800; 05-07-21 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-07-21, 03:41 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 138 Votes on 127 Posts
It sounds like you inadvertently changed zone programming when you were in *56, and fumbling about without the proper keypad, which can cause all manner of glitches.

You need a 6060 (2-line alpha) keypad to access the menus to fix this, because, at this point, since you can't see the menus, you have no idea what you actually altered. Even a used, but functional, one will do the trick.

Old 05-07-21, 03:57 PM
D
Thanks, that makes sense. Is there any way to do a hard reset?

Would this work? https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Sec...0428367&sr=8-2

Old 05-07-21, 04:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, but you still need the proper keypad to set the zones back up. Everything that is wrong should be just in 56 programming.

Old 05-10-21, 02:46 PM
D
I purchased a Tuxedo and set it up. I am still only able to receive notifications from 1 zone door opening, and the secondary keypad in the bedroom is not working. I removed the zone that I believe was invalid and was throwing an error.

When I press 1+3 on the keypad it returns 18 (which it always has), but this is the only way I can get anything to appear on the screen.

Any tips?

Last edited by dan7800; 05-10-21 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-10-21, 03:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
What zone types and input types are all of your zones currently set for? You can get that information by checking the initial summary page you get in *56 programming for each zone.

For the keypad, have you verified what address it's set to; and is that address activated in system programming?

I'm going under the assumption that these zones functioned normally, before, and that you have verified continuity on the keypad connections.

Installer manual: http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf

Old 05-10-21, 04:02 PM
D
Edit: All of the sensor zones are gone. I entered a command to ? do something with a radio/transmitter" and after reboot they are gone. If I add them back in, then they are not re-added.

All of the zones are either doors or windows. I've verified that zones 1-7 are type "01" . Before encountering these issues, these are the zones I had:

1: Nothing (I do have ADT smoke/Co2 detectors) - I am not sure how they are connected
2: Door/Window
3: Door/Window
4: Door/Window
5: Door/Window
6: Door/Window
7: Nothing
8: Nothing
10: Door/Window (I see wires running to door, so I *think* that it is hard wired.)

All of the zones functioned previously. The upstairs keypad is receiving power and powers down when I shut off the entire system

I am seeing
  • 101-106 Graphic console
  • 116 console
When I hold 1+3 on the upstairs console I see "18" (which is what it always showed)

Last edited by dan7800; 05-10-21 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-10-21, 04:37 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you have all of your zones programmed as zone type (entry/exit) then they are all set as delay entry zones. If you are trying to test them by arming the system, you may not be waiting until the time delay runs out. If you are using the chime function to test the zones, have you checked to make sure that all of them are set as partition 1 zones (again, the zone programming summary helps)

Since you went with a tuxedo, for programming, are you using it in console mode?

If you have a zone 10, then you either have a hardwired zone expander, or a wireless zone expander, or the zone doubling feature is being used.

For the keypad: programming location *191 10 to make sure that the keypad 18 address is active.

Old 05-10-21, 05:32 PM
D
  • I am using console mode for everything
  • I entered *191 10 and now the upstairs keypad. After a reboot it seems to be working
  • None of the zones are being displayed. I entered a command to shut off radio (or something like that, I am kicking myself for not remember what it was).
THANK YOU for all of your help thus far.

I do have a 4219 zone expander

Last edited by dan7800; 05-10-21 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-10-21, 07:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Your zone expander, based on the dip switches, is set to address 0. For it to support zones 9 & 10 it should be address 7 (per the system install manual).

4219 installer manual: http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf

When you go into *56 programming, what is being displayed for the summary screen for one of the zones that's not being displayed? See page 5-1 of the installer manual, for reference.

Old 05-10-21, 07:36 PM
D
When I go into *56 programming the zones are still shown as they were when they were working (eg correct partition etc...) I believe that I shut off a transmitter or something and that elimatined all of the zones from appearing . I'm kicking myself for not recalling the command that I used.

I haven't changed anything physically with the zone expander btw

Old 05-11-21, 02:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
*29 is used to turn off the "long range radio"/cellular communicator.

At this point, lacking a clear idea as to what you actually did, your best bet is probably going to use *97 to default the system, and set it up from scratch.

dan7800 voted this post useful.
Old 05-11-21, 05:17 AM
D
The command *29 worked (and might be what I did to break it). The 2nd keypad also appears to be functional.

At this point, the only issue seems to be the basement door (which was previously zone 10) is not registering.

Old 05-11-21, 04:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Again, if zone 10 is a wired zone, then it has to be connected to your zone expander, and your photo shows the dip switches set to address 0, which will not allow it to function.

Old 05-12-21, 03:45 AM
D
I 100% believe what you are saying (so I am more questioning myself with this), but I don't believe that any settings on the zone expander were ever physically altered, but the door sensor previously worked ok.

So then why would any of the setting son the zone expander be wrong? - Could I have the zone wrong? The only reason why I believe that the door not functioning was zone 10 is due to my EVL4 reporting it as such.

Thank you so much again
-Dan

Old 05-12-21, 04:08 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The way that I would resolve this would be to determine _exactly_ what zone input that the door contact is connected to. I would normally use a toner, but one could use a meter, and a helper to open and close the opening, while you see which pair of wires is affected. Not hard to do, just tedious.

It's very possible that the expander _never_ worked, and zone 10 was one of the zones create by accident.
Did you ever have a _list_ of what your zones were supposed to be?

Old 05-12-21, 06:11 AM
D
I do not have a list of what the zones were supposed to be. The only way that I have a semblance of understanding regarding the zone numbers is that I got the zone numbers from my EVL4 and the correlating number that was reported when I opened a door/window. Prior to me messing things up, the door reader did work.

So basically, you're saying for me to open/close the door and attach a meter such as a Jaw Fork meter to see which wires receive an impact from opening/closing the door?

Thank you so much again for your patience with me.

Old 05-12-21, 03:05 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
<sigh> Typical mass marketer install... They never do the basic things, like labeling the wires or filling in the zone card on the keypad slide out...

Nothing that complex. Take the pair that you thing are supposed to be zone 10 off of their head end terminals. Use a basic continuity tester or multimeter in continuity mode.

When the door is closed you should see a short (if the EOL resistor is in the loop, you will see it's value), when the door is opened you should see an open circuit. I would start with the connections on the zone expander.

Old 05-29-21, 06:16 PM
D
I will update this thread.

I've been traveling lately, so I wasn't home to continue working on this. I still don't know exactly why the door is zone 10, but I got this working.

Last week, I had a company in to give me quotes on glass block windows. They must have knocked one of the window sensors off that was in the same zone as the basement door. This led to the door always saying "open" and not reading. I had completely forgot about this, and their visit coincided with when I was fighting with the zones. Once I fixed this issue with the sensor, everything started to work again.

Thank you very much everyone for the help and I hope this thread helps others.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: