not communicating with DSC1832 from DLS5 through TL260

Old 06-06-21, 04:33 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
not communicating with DSC1832 from DLS5 through TL260

Hello!
I just stumbled upon this community trying to search for solutions to an issue - hoping someone out there can lend a hand.

I recently built a new PC, and have been unable to get DLS5 to communicate properly with a DSC1832. This was working fine, ethernet through a TL260 v1.1. I assume given nothing changed on the panel the issue is on the PC side, but I have looked at everything and cannot find the issue.

DLS5 appears to actually connect, but does so for only a few seconds. None of the tags seem to be communicated and are not cleared. Although the activity log indicates connection-data transfer-disconnecting-complete, when I go through the keypad, the changes have not been downloaded to the panel. I also do not get the Installer lead in and lead out alerts through the evisalink module that i get when going in through a keypad.

I have verified ports, IP, believe I have the correct toggles, etc. I turned off the Windows firewall to ensure that was not interfering, DLS5 is running as Admin. I have deleted the TL260 in DLS and re-added. I have crossed pins 4 and 5 on the TL260 to factory reset and configure from scratch - same behavior.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

D

Old 06-07-21, 02:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 138 Votes on 127 Posts
You may have to run this software in compatibility mode. Some of the most recent windows versions have issues with some of this "legacy" software.

Old 06-10-21, 09:57 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Will give that a try, thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: