Cannot fix Error 107 after installing 6150 on Honeywell Vista 20P

Old 12-29-21, 10:51 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cannot fix Error 107 after installing 6150 on Honeywell Vista 20P

Hello DIY community,

I am struggling to get a new 6150RF keypad to work on a Honeywell Vista 20p system despite reviewing message boards and instructions and I would highly appreciate help from someone who knows what they are doing.

All the details I figured were fit to print are below.

Thank you,
Erik

I recently bought a house which has a hardwired security system installed consisting of:
  • Honeywell Vista 20p
  • 4219 wired zone expander
  • Three Honeywell Ademco 6150 keypads (labeled ADT Safewatch Pro 3000)
  • 12? wired sensors
  • A wireless cellular unit which is old and I will replace

I would like to upgrade the system in several ways. My first goal is to install a new 6160RF (which has a 5800TM module built in) in place of one of the original keypads and then add several wireless sensors.

I installed swapped in the keypad, held 1+3, and then programmed it to
  • CON ADDRESS = 18 (same as the unit I replaced)
  • RECEIVER = ON
  • REC ADDRESS = 08 (I also tried a few others including 28)
  • HIGH SECURITY = OFF
  • DISABLE HS DEV? NO

I can use the new keypad to arm and disarm the system but it is displaying a "Check 107 Wire Expansion" error message.

I tried to find a solution online and some posts said I might have a loose or broken wire, but I checked the wires in the control unit and they are ok.

Another post said there might be a communication conflict, which could make sense as a I added a new (wireless) expander which might be in conflict. However, changing the REC ADDRESS has not solved the problem, and when I swap the old keypad unit back in the error persists.

(I also am getting a COMM FAILURE/FC error, as I have not yet upgraded the cellular modem. Finally, two of my doors seem to assigned to zone 1, which I suppose was the case all along and did not cause error messages in the past)

Do you have any suggestions to resolve the error?

Last edited by ErikMik; 12-29-21 at 10:52 AM. Reason: to add "RF" to 6150
Old 12-29-21, 03:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
Vista 20p installer manual: http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf

First, on a Vista panel you can _only_ have one wireless receiver; and the receiver address must be 00; so you have to swap the 6160RF for the 6150RF. If there's never been a wireless receiver, then once you install the RF keypad, you need to enroll at least one wireless device.

If the wired expander is in it's own enclosure, you need to make sure the cover is on to engage the tamper switch, which is something that will produce the check 107, also.

The only way to clear the comm failure/FC is to delete, and physically disconnect the cellular communicator. In programming you would have to enter *29 0. You may also have to enter *41* and *42* to disable the communicator checking.

Old 12-29-21, 05:14 PM
E
Hello Ron,

Thank you very much for your post. It helped me solve the 107 error (details below). Can I send you a few dollars via PayPal or another service for a coffee or whatever as a token of appreciation?

(I checked the cover of the expander and it was on securely. However, I removed the cover, saw some notes about dip switches, flipped dip switch 8 to not look for tampering, and the 107 error disappeared. Perhaps there was a magnet or something which was attached to the cover to trigger the tamper switch and which fell off when I opened the cover in the past.)

As for the receivers, I made a typo above and only have one 6160RF (which installed where a normal 6150, no RF, had been installed)

Now I need to figure out how to enroll my new 5800FLOOD and 5800 PIR-RES. I will review the instruction manual you provided but of course would welcome any tips for a first-timer.

All the best,
Erik

Old 12-29-21, 06:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm in the "teach people to fish" school of thought. I do this to keep my own skillset from stagnating, and to give people a chance to understand how things work.

sktn77a voted this post useful.
Old 12-29-21, 08:39 PM
E
Ok, I appreciate that approach.

I ultimately was able to setup a wireless panic button, flood sensor (with 3 loops) and motion sensor. (It took me a while to understand I needed to set the 6160RF receive code to 00 as I thought I saw somewhere that I should use 28.)

But now I seem to have created a problem that even a Google search cannot find anything about, and I'm wondering if you've come across it. I was playing around with quick arming my system and I think I just hit two keys, like Stay + Instant or the reverse, and the system armed in Stay, but it will not disarm.

I entered my 4 digit code + OFF on all three keypads, but nothing happened. I triggered the alarm by opening a door and then tried to turn it off on a keypad, but it didn't work. When I unplug the system from both AC and the backup battery for awhile and then plug it in it goes right back into Away mode and won't disarm. I tried my 4 digit code plus 800 but nothing happened.

Do you have any idea how I can get myself out of this?

Old 12-29-21, 09:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
Master code and installer code and user codes.
Make sure you're using the right code. They won't all operate the alarm for arm and disarm.

I know how to reset the code when the alarm is not tripped.
Not sure how to get into programming if an alarm is active.

Old 12-30-21, 02:57 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It sounds like you are trying to disarm with the _installer_ code. The installer will not disarm if _any_ other method was used to arm the system. What did you program as your _master_ user code?

Depending on which version firmware, if you jump into programming by powering down, then restoring power and pressing * + # within 50 seconds of power up; when you exit programming, it will usually be disarmed.

Old 12-30-21, 06:13 AM
E
Yes, I think that was the issue. The previous owners of the house did not remember the passcode so I followed instructions I found online to reset it. It seems I reset only the installer code, so when I quick armed the system I was stuck.

Fortunately my firmware is such that powering down, restoring power, pressing # + * and then exiting setup did disarm the system.

Then I set a new installer passcode and created a master passcode. Now when I quick arm the system I can also disarm it.

Big thank you for your tips!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: