Rogers HMS integrated with ADT Smartwatch 3000 EN wired security system

Old 01-01-22, 09:28 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rogers HMS integrated with ADT Smartwatch 3000 EN wired security system

Hello all,
I really hope you can help me. My home came prewired for a security system. I originally had ADT install and monitor my system. ADT installed their Safewatch Pro 3000 EN system which is the same as a Honeywell Vista 20p.
I eventually canceled my service with ADT and switched over to Rogers Home Monitoring. They installed their wireless touchpad which is a Technicolor TCA301ROG1. The original wired keypads installed by ADT work well with the Rogers touchpad.
I just recently canceled my service with Rogers to save some money during this pandemic. My wife and I are both working from home and chose to self-monitor our security system.
The problem is this - when I disconnected the Rogers touchpad, the ADT wired keypads stopped functioning. I cannot use them to arm my Safewatch Pro 3000 EN system.
Iím thinking that the Rogers touchpad became my Primary control and the wired keypads became Slaves to the Rogers touchpad???
I have also attempted to reprogram my wired keypads, but there is no functionality to them. Their is power to them because the AC symbol is on the display and the system is Ready. So, I powered down the panel in my basement, waited a minute and them repowered the panel. Within 50 seconds, I pushed the * and # button to enter programming, but nothing happened.
Has anyone experienced this and if you have, is there any advice or instructions you can provide to me?

Old 01-01-22, 04:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
What little info I can find on this touchscreen device indicates that it's really an automation control interface. Without knowing exactly how they integrated the original intrusion alarm into this system, it's difficult to advise you as to exactly what has to be disconnected to bring the intrusion alarm back into operation. Odds are, they are intercepting the keypad control bus, somehow.

As I understand their system, somewhere there is a hardware device that the touchpad routed through, and interfaces with the original alarm hardware. It would take a bit of dissection to figure out what they added in.

Old 01-03-22, 07:41 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Thank you for responding! Even though I canceled my service with Rogers, Iím still going to reach out to their technical support team and see if they can explain how their touchpad interfaces to my system. If they are able to explain it to me, I will provide you with an update as well! Thanks for taking your time to help 👍

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: