Honeywell "09 check" error

Old 01-02-22, 09:22 AM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell "09 check" error

Hi guys,
We have moved in into the house that has a Honeywell security system installed. System was functional but not activated (we didn't use it). By functional, I mean that "Ready" light on the panel was on, when all doors and windows were closed and no errors on the dashboard displayed.

I was doing small renovation project in the bathroom and removed from the window the glass break detector, which is wireless: Honeywell 5853. I have temporarily put it to the different room, while doing the renovation. After several weeks, I have noticed "09 check" error showed up on the screen. My first thought was batteries. I thought okay, I complete my renovation, buy new batteries, put this sensor back to where it was and eveything should work. But it's not. Unfortunately, I still have 09 check error and don't know what to do.

I found manuals for my keypad and glass break detector - but those manuals do not say how to fix this problem.
In the manual all it says about "09 check" is that it's a "Receiver is not communicating" or "Another device on the keypad terminals is not communicating to the control panel". But it's not saying how exactly to debug it or fix.
Also I found that one of the approaches is to enter user 4-digit. code twice to reset the system. But I don't know what is the code and not sure how to securely reset it to not completely erase all zones and settings set up.

So my hardware is:
3 keypads in the house - Honeywell FA270RF
Glass break detector - Honeywell 5853

Would be appreciated for the help how to figure this out and make the system operatable again.

Old 01-02-22, 10:45 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
We need to know the model of the base system. This would be on the wiring diagram on the door of the metal enclosure with the main board and battery.

There are variations between system models that affect the best answer to help you.

Old 01-02-22, 01:14 PM
A
Thank you for the quick reply!
I think its FA130CP/FA130CPSIA
Attaching the picture just to make sure

Old 01-02-22, 03:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok, that's the First Alert version of a Vista 10p. Install manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Firs...n%20Manual.pdf

To retrieve the installer code:
Power down both AC and battery.
Restore power
Within 50 seconds press *+ # at the same time.
Unless they locked out local programming, it should jump into programming.
Press #20 - it will read back the current installer code, one digit at a time (ignore leading zeros)
Write that down.
Exit programming with *99

To program a new master user code: [installer code] + 8 + 02 + [new 4-digit master code]
Do this in a smooth entry, because hesitating more than a couple of seconds between keystrokes will cause the new code to not take.

Test the new code by turning the chime function on & off.

Old 01-02-22, 05:59 PM
A
Wow! Its working!

As soon as I have received the code and exited programming mode, "Ready" light ON again!

Thank you SO much for your help!

Old 01-02-22, 08:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Do program a new master code. You don't want to use the installer code for normal operations.

Old 01-02-22, 08:08 PM
C
Received 73 Upvotes on 65 Posts
Arty, the "09 Check" display will probably have returned by the time you read this. Power-cycling the Control Panel resets all Faulted and Trouble conditions of RF (wireless) zones, so you could have doors and windows open and trouble conditions, but when you power the Panel back up, it will show all wireless devices as "Normal" until they send signals. They send a "check-in" signal about once an hour, and the Panel checks about every 12 hours to see if all the devices have reported in. If the Panel hasn't heard from any of the devices when it checks---12 hours after you powered it up, or after you exited Panel Programming---then it displays a "Check 09".

Given that your manual that you referred to in your OP tells you "Check 09" means an RF (wireless) Receiver problem, I think your FA130CP is actually a Vista-10SE rather than a Vista-10P.

There can be several reasons that the Panel doesn't hear from the Receiver, but the most common is a bad connection, either at the FA130 itself (Terminals 4,5,6, and 7) or a bad splice at the FA270RF. I think if you check, you'll find you have one (1) FA270RF Keypad, and the others are FA270 KPs.
(It's not impossible that you have more than one FA270RF KPs, but only one RF built-in Receiver can be used in the system, so if all your KPs are really RF, then two of them must have the Receiver function turned off in KP local programming; but that would be pretty rare.) Check connections on the Panel; Tug at individual wires on Terminals 4,5,6, and 7, and make sure they're solidly connected. Then check connections at your FA270RF keypad--either screw terminals or wire splices, different KPs use one or the other.

Hopefully, there is a zone list somewhere, probably on the inside of a keypad fold-out door. All zone numbers above 9---(10, 11, 12, etc)....are wireless (RF) zones. What zone number is the glass break detector from the bathroom? And how many wireless zones do you have listed? If you only have one wireless zone, than that device could cause a "Check 09", but if you have several, then you need to look at the RF Receiver (built into the FA270RF) for the problem.

Old 01-03-22, 10:10 AM
A
Thank you, Chosun for the detailed info!
Looks like my system is fine after the 12 hours, I still have "Ready" light is ON and no "09 check" error.
I have just a single wireless device in my house that I have mentioned, and looks like since the error didn't come back - it's working fine.
The only error code that is displayed now after the 12 hours it showed up, is "FC" code. And that is expected because this is how it was before because my system is not actually activated with a provider.

And since we have a couple of smart and experienced guys here, could I ask one more question, please?

Do you know if it's possible to convert this system to a more personalized solution so I don't have to use a security provider?
For example, I alarm the system, and if it's activated (somebody broke into my house), I get a notification to my phone about which zone is activated and I can jump into security cameras to check the house surrounding and call 911 if needed.
Because I don't really want to pay a 3rd party provider, like the "old school" approach when I pay to some service provider to monitor the signals from my security system.

Thank you!

Old 01-03-22, 02:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
_If_ that is a "P" series panel; then there are 3rd party devices made by Alula or Envisalink that can be used to send you more detailed info without a central station.

Since it sounds like your wireless device was on zone 9 instead of 10+; and the manual matching your model number is a duplicate of the Vista 10p manual, I think that is the case. (the Viista 10se version was FA-142C, if my cheat sheet is accurate)

Old 01-03-22, 06:54 PM
A
How to find out if it's a "P" series or not?
I have made a pictures of the panel itself, if this could tell you something. Also I have an additional module connected to it, with sim card, I assume to connect to internet to send the notifications to provider over the internet.

Old 01-03-22, 07:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The "SAV10P3" means that it's a version of a Vista 10P. So, the manual previously posted is definitely the correct one.

Uplink unit is a 3rd party cellular communicator. It replaces a land line, but it only works for central station communication.

Old 01-03-22, 07:17 PM
A
Great, thank you!
I ll research the solutions by Alula or Envisalink who to hook it up to my system.
If you have any referene article in mind or maybe thread that was discussed here that you could share, would be very appreciative!

Old 04-10-24, 09:07 AM
A
Hey guys... two years later, I decided to upgrade my panel with EnvisaLink 4.
I have bought this board and now want to install it.

MrRonFL I would be very appreciative if you could give me your valuable suggestions!

The current state of my system is: it's powered, the "ready" light is displayed on the Honeywell keypad (I have 3 of them). The "FC" message is displayed on the display of the keypad.

Here are the questions I have:
1. The EnvisaLink manual says, that before connection, I need to disconnect power from the panel. Does it mean that I need to power down the system completely, including the disconnect from the battery?
2. I have "FC" message, because the LTE module can't connect to the monitoring station. I am not planning to use it in the future anyway, can I just safely disconnect this module completely and clear this error code this way? Or I will need to do anything else?
3. Currently my system does not have mapped zones. If I open any door or window, the "ready" light just turns off without displaying the zone number of the display (how it worked initially when I just bought this house). So I it feels like that I ll need to re-program the zones again. Do I need to make it on Honeywell panel or I can do it through EnvisaLink when establish a connection? Or I need to make it on both units? This part is not clear to me.

Thank you!

Old 04-10-24, 02:55 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, anytime you are making those kind of connections you kill both the AC power from the wall plug and the battery. Making and breaking connections to the keypad bus "hot" has a potential to brick the alarm control.

The old uplink unit was a telephone line replacement, so you will need to tell the system to stop looking for a telephone connection:
[installer code] + 8 + 00
*41*
*42*
*94*
*99 to exit programming and the FC should be gone.

I think you have the 6150 fixed language keypad. Those only display the open zone numbers if you press *
The zone programming does not change spontaneously. You need a 6160 keypad to make zone programming changes. The envisalink works like a keypad, and will pull it's information from the alarm control, but _you_ have to identify what the zone numbers correspond to in the envisalink setup web page.

ArtyD voted this post useful.
Old 04-10-24, 05:39 PM
A
MrRonFL Thank you so much for the quick response!
I am amaized how knowledgeable you are!

I did exactly what you said, and it worked! By pressing * I have zones displayed on the panel. Also I have programmed to clear the phone numbers, and so far FC is gone, I hope it will not come back.

I have connected the EnvisaLink 4 successfully, it it showing online in my account and also reflecting the zones ready or not when I open windows and doors. But.. I feel like it is still not fully configured..

Just in case if you know.
In the Eyeson dashboard I see the error message "Error: *29 Programming on panel not completed properly."
According to the user manual, I had to assign a correct channel to EnvisaLink 4. Default is 18.
I have checked my 3 keypads channels using combination 1+3. One keypad has channel 16, second 18 and third showing a weird "dE" on the screen.. I am not sure what is that. So I have assigned the EnvisaLink 4 to 17, hoping it's correct.
The user manual for EnvisaLink shows a long 23 steps programming sequence, and I am not sure, is it something that I have to do in order to set this up?

https://www.eyezon.com/EyezonEnvisal...nGuide2018.pdf
Will it clear the "Error: *29 Programming on panel not completed properly." error?

Please let me know if you have experience with this setup.
If not, I ll go to eyezon.com forum, to search for help

Thank you so much again! )

Old 04-10-24, 06:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The keypad that showed dE is a 6150RF model: https://safehomecentral.com/wp-conte...ers-Manual.pdf
https://safehomecentral.com/wp-conte...structions.pdf

Yes, program it per the instructions. You likely need to set the Envisalink to address 19 (and activate that keypad address in the Vista 10p programming). I suspect that the 6150RF is set to address 17.

ArtyD voted this post useful.
Old 04-11-24, 09:50 AM
A
Thank you MrRonFL !
I have followed up with Eyeson support, and about this, and they told me to keep address 17 but disable LLR Shadowing. Also I have programmed all steps as in the instructions (not sure what they did though), but after that is seems that system is working and I don't have any errors.
Thank you again for your help!

Old 04-11-24, 02:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Now that you have the manuals for the RF keypad, you now can check what address it's set to. If it's also set to 17, it may be easier to change the keypad address and activate the appropriate slot in programming. You can get erratic glitches from having two things on the keypad bus sharing the same address.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: