security external sounder wiring

Old 01-19-22, 07:02 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
security external sounder wiring

Several years ago I took the red and black wires out of the sounder in the bellbox as it was going off in the middle of the night. It turned to be a blown fuse which was replaced. As we didn't use the alarm I never put the wires back.
We have recently had the timbers behind the bellbox replaced and had bellbox taken off by the builder. I decided it was ideal opportunity to try and get it to work again. I had a photo of the wires taken by the builder, so as to put them back in the correct order. (See attachments

SDCBA left to right)
Having done so it is not working. The tamper device had dislodged and I put it back as it looked as thought it should be, so as the arm is pushed when the bolt for the lid is replaced.
I have the original books from the installation where the installer marked the colour order of control pcb and the bellbox. It does not appear to match as I would expect but as none of these wires will ever have been removed before they should be correct.
Any thoughts would be gratefully received

Old 01-19-22, 11:02 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,049 Upvotes on 3,632 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the UK.

Our systems differ from yours. I'm not sure what I'm looking at there.
A make and model would probably be helpful.

Old 01-19-22, 12:38 PM
B
Hi Pete

The external sounder is a Ventcroft Classic, which is equivalent of a modern texecom 1E. This is combined with a Veritas Control panel.
The 1st pic is of the 5 connectors on the control panel. The 2nd is the 5 connectors on the Exterior bellbox, My 1st thought is that they should match from left to right but they don't. as this is how they were set up I can only assume it is correct. However i have purchased a new Bellbox and am struggling to work out how I will rewire it?

Chris

Old 01-19-22, 05:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,049 Upvotes on 3,632 Posts
I see mention of the parts you are describing but I'm going to need actual model numbers.
Especially for the panel.

Old 01-19-22, 11:36 PM
B
The control panel is a Veritas R8.
I have the installation documents which gives all the colours and connection options used with an * against each, done by the engineer.
I will add the connection pictures for keypad to control panel, control panel pcb layout, external sounder

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: