Converting ADT security/fire/HVAC system

Old 01-29-22, 05:54 PM
I
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Converting ADT security/fire/HVAC system

I bought a house a few months ago with an ADT security system that featured motion sensors, door and window sensors and a door camera/bell. It also featured fire and carbon monoxide detectors, and an HVAC smart thermostat. The fire/smoke detectors and HVAC work fine independently, but the security alarm, door bell, camera, etc. are tied to a proprietary ADT LCD/touchpad pictured below.

Is there any way to liberate this alarm system from ADT and put it under my control, or does it require all the electronics (incl. keypad and door camera) to be replaced?

Old 01-29-22, 06:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
Usually ADT comes back for the equipment as it's leased..... not sold to a customer.

I know it requires the main keypad to be replaced as that is the entire system plus the cellular communicator. You need to subscribe to a service for that type of system to communicate. The generic replacement is the Resideo PRO A7 and the PRO A7 Plus. The link below describes what is available.

Resideo (Honeywell) proseries

imrazor voted this post useful.
Old 01-29-22, 07:04 PM
I
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Does this require just the keypad be replaced, or every single piece of the system? (I.e., keypad, doorbell & camera, motion sensors, door/window sensors, etc.)

Old 01-29-22, 07:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
I don't know for sure but I'm fairly certain you could learn your hardware into a new keypad.
Mr Ron... the forum pro.... may have more information.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: