Old ADT phone line zone bypass question

Old 02-13-22, 12:25 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old ADT phone line zone bypass question

After installing a new wireless system, I kept my old ADT wired system (model FA145C) in place since everything still worked. I no longer have a home phone line so I'm getting the Phone "not ready" on the display. I can manually bypass that zone, but how can I permanently bypass the phone module so I don't have to manually bypass? Thanks!

Old 02-13-22, 06:00 PM
S
Received 17 Upvotes on 17 Posts
When you say a new wireless system, do you mean adding some wireless sensors and a wireless receiver to your old system, or a complete second wireless security system?

Old 02-14-22, 06:03 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I added a completely new system, totally independent of the old system. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 02-14-22, 03:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
Is this showing up as a communication error, or is it coming up as an actual alarm zone?

If the latter, they probably put a wired tamper switch on the phone jack, and the quickest, easiest way to resolve that is to replace those wires coming from that tamper with a 2000 ohm resistor at the panel terminals that they are connected to.

The FA 145C is a slightly modified version of the older standard Ademco Vista 20se
Installer manual: https://www.reedsecurity.com/pdf/Vis...UserManual.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: