Is there a tip for alpha zone descriptions on a Vista panel?

Old 02-19-22, 01:49 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is there a tip for alpha zone descriptions on a Vista panel?

So I've got about 40 zone descriptions to put in. I've done 2 and I feel like it took about 10 minutes for each of them. Is there a trick here? I even have the graphical keypad. One would think they would have outfit that thing with a touch keyboard to make this easy, but I cannot find it if it's there. THIS SUCKS!

(Vista-128bpt panel)

Old 02-19-22, 07:28 PM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You have two things working against you. 1: The Vista 128bpt panel is SLOW when responding to the alpha programming, and 2: The graphic keypad is SLOW when used in keypad mode. If you could get your hands on a 6160 Alpha keypad, it would at least cut out one of those bottlenecks. If you are getting it monitored, they may have Compass software to remote program the system. Otherwise, yea, it's a major pain

Old 02-20-22, 10:19 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It baffles me that they didn't put something into the 6290w to make this easier. I mean, they spent a lot of time putting in pretty useless things (like a digital picture frame), but not something like this? It also gets me that they put in wifi connectivity, but didn't put in the ability to set the clock to Internet time. Really? That's like 3 lines of code.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: