Defaulted DSC 1616 and lost PANEL TAMPER feature?

Old 03-21-22, 03:15 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Defaulted DSC 1616 and lost PANEL TAMPER feature?

Hi all,

I have a DSC 1616 that I defaulted using the wire jumper method to gain access to the installer code.
Before I defaulted it, the alarm would alert me to PANEL TAMPER, with an instant siren if i opened the control panel door, which obviously had a tamper switch.
I was also able to bypass the PANEL TAMPER in the bypass list if I wanted to open the door to change battery for example.
After resetting to defaults the PANEL TAMPER does not appear in the bypass list and I can open the control panel door without any alarm.
I've been through the installer manual over and over again and can't work out what I have missed.
I also don't understand the wiring for the tamper switch in the control panel door.

Wiring goes like this; one side of tamper switch goes to a COM terminal, the other side goes to a spare cable (white) in the cable that goes to the LCD control panel.
So the LCD control panel cable has 5 wires connected at the board end; red, black, yellow and green are connected to red, black, yellow and green terminals on the DSC1616 board. Photo's available if neccessary.

My LCD control panel is a PK5500 with full LCD display. I haven't opened up this end to look at wiring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nigel

Old 03-23-22, 03:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
if that wire was connected to the "P/Z" terminal, they had the tamper programmed as a keypad zone.
As long as you didn't also default the zone descriptors, you should be able to look through the descriptor list in the keypad to see what zone number needs to be assigned to the keypad input.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: