Need help w/ Vista 10SE + Fault 09 Zone 09

Old 08-05-22, 02:45 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help w/ Vista 10SE + Fault 09 Zone 09

Was really hoping that I didn't have to make a post on here since there is tons of content on this error.

What I Have:
-Visa 10SE w/ what looks to be a 4281 wireless receiver
-6160V keypad
"Fault 09 Zone 09" error message
&
"Check 09 Zone 09" error message

When I first moved into this home, I had to remove one of the transmitters from a window, and not thinking I threw it away.

Is it possible that my 09/09 issue is due to the receiver not getting a ping from that transmitter that isn't there?

Next question, is there any easy way to list the transmitters from the keypad to see which "name/zone #" it is? Or do I have to check all of them by triggering each one and documenting.

Also I understand that Zone 09/Zone Type 05 is used for Tamper/Wireless connection and there is no way to delete it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by smck89; 08-05-22 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-05-22, 05:35 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
"A display of CHECK and 09 indicates that communication between control and a zone
expander or wireless receiver is interrupted. Check the wiring and DIP switch settings
on the units"

Given that model receiver was the one that pre-dated the 5800 series wireless, that makes it quite old, indeed. Sadly, short of a lucky find of a replacement on something like an an auction site; Your only path forward requires replacing the existing wireless devices.

Installer manual: http://alarmhow.net/manuals/Ademco/C...n%20Manual.pdf

Old 08-05-22, 08:38 PM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
If your system was working OK before it showed the "Check 09,", then the dip switch settings are probably OK; and the wires were/are connected to the right terminals. So checking the wiring would entail making sure no wires are loose at terminals 4,5,6 & 7 of the Control Panel (the Vista-10SE), or the 4281 and any splices between them.

A missing sensor/transmitter will cause a "Check xx" (Where "xx" is a zone number, 10 or greater) Trouble condition, but not the symptoms you describe. A "Check 09" message only happens when the Control doesn't hear from _any_ of the wireless/expansion zones within a 12-hour period.

If you do want to replace that missing sensor/ransmitter, I have a few used units plus a couple of "new/old" (never used, but sitting in storage a long time) units, model 5716. Let me know.

Last edited by ChosunOne; 08-05-22 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: