All alarm sensors randomly trigger

Old 09-29-22, 02:57 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post All alarm sensors randomly trigger

Been having a strange problem with my Alarm Panel. About 4 or 5 times perday, all my Alarm sensors trigger open/close. This is driving my crazy and I can't find a solution. I can't ARM my house with the fear that this will happen and it would contact my local PD.

I have a concord Hybrid (60-734-01) or a concord Integrated (60-792-01-95R) according to the inside of my box. Also have a zone expander connected to it. Monitoring station monitors the panel using an LTE module that they installed to my board. Is this a case where my board is going bad ? Should just buy a new one and replace it ?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-29-22, 06:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,169 Likes on 2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

ALL zones go into alarm/fault or just wireless points or just zones on the expander board ?
It is extremely rare for every zone to go into fault.

Old 09-30-22, 05:57 AM
A
Thanks for responding. Every motion and contact sensor triggers. I don't have any wireless. Since its every sensor, its more than just what's on the expander board. I have unplugged the system and reset it, but the problem comes back after.

Old 09-30-22, 07:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
Yeah, if it's _every_ hardwired zone it sounds like something on the main board is failing.

The acid test: get some 2K ohm resistors and dummy load all of the zone inputs with just resistors (no field wiring except keypads). If the problem happens when it's set up that way, then the board is definitely failing.

Old 09-30-22, 06:40 PM
A
New board

I guess it’s just best to replace the board. It must be like 20 years old.

The question is what to replace it with ? Any suggestions?

Old 10-01-22, 06:38 AM
R
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You have a Concord 4.

Put your system on test with the monitoring folks.

I would start by measuring battery voltage and the charging circuit voltage with the battery removed.

if the battery is good, but the charging circuit reads anything south of 12 volts the board may be failing.

Charging circuit leads are the red and black ones coming from the board to the battery.

Looks like you have 3 devices connected to the bus terminals. They are wired in “sets” of 4 (BLK, RED, GRN,WHT) . Each set is a device like your keypad, GSM cellular com, expansion module.

Remove the bus wires ( terminals 3,4,5,6). Test charging circuit again. If still at 12 or less, board has failed.

If voltage goes back to normal (12.8 or better) place one set at a time back on the bus terminals.
Measure charging circuit voltage each time.

Should voltage should voltage drop after connecting a device you may have found the culprit.

Check for loose connections at either end if you suspect one of the peripherals before condemning them.

one more thing, if you have to replace the panel and you use another Concord 4, version 95r, you can take a chip out of the bad one and transplant over to the new without having to program anything.

Old 10-01-22, 07:50 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
A few years ago, GE got out of the security/fire business; and all of their products (like your Concord 4) were discontinued. However, they were a very common and popular model, so there is a ton of "new old-stock" parts out there. So if you are used to the interface, and just want to maintain what you already have, you can.

If you goal is long-term service-ability, then you will need to look at something like a Honeywell Vista 20p or the DSC product lines. Those options will require replacing any keypads, zone expanders, wireless devices, but all of the hardwired contacts and motions will work with anything.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: