DSC Impressa 9057 hardwired zone help needed.

Old 04-13-24, 04:03 PM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC Impressa 9057 hardwired zone help needed.

I have a DSC Impressa 9047 with all wireless zones working fine. I just pulled a system from a closed business a DSC Impressa 9057.

Factory defaulted it as didn't know the codes and set it back up. Re-enrolled all wireless sensors without issue and system works.

But the system also had 2 wired pir motion sensors in what I believe is called zone 33/34 (1&2 wired zones)

I rewired them the same way they were wired at the business. And they light up with motion in front of them but the alarm doesn't see the sensors. The green check stays lit always and doesn't go off with motion when set.

How do I program the wired motion sensors to go off with motion when set? As it is the system doesn't seem to notice they exist.

Aux power red/blk and yel/grn in 1&2 for motion

Motion activated. Alarm doesn't notice

How the sensors were wired one on each side of a wall. Presumably working when system was in use.

Wireless zone open. Green check gone

Programming mode system unlocked. Luckily lockout wasn't enabled and was able to default system.

Last edited by XxTWMLxX; 04-13-24 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-14-24, 02:14 AM
T
Received 209 Upvotes on 183 Posts
Not that familiar with DSC, but generally, zones considered as interior are automatically bypassed ​if system is armed in Stay Mode OR if an Entry/Exit zone isn't violated & restored during exit time. There is usually a way to get around that.

Carefully read the zone programming section including any preface and footnotes. The preface could be at end of the previous section.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Old 04-14-24, 04:04 AM
X
DSC Impassa 9057 hardwired zone help needed.

I have read. Reread and checked the full installer manual, tried all the sections i can think of.

I can't even find how to define the sensors as inter/extir whatever. Can't find where to set them as motion, instant or delay. Activate/deactivate.

Had no issues with the wireless zones. One set instant. One delay. Changed entry/exit time delay. Turned off phone communication. My 9047 has smoke detectors working.

Just can't get the wired motion to work.

This is one of the manuals I checked.

https://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17242

Last edited by XxTWMLxX; 04-14-24 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old 04-14-24, 03:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
The list of programming sections you have to set to use the hardwired inputs is on page 6 of the manual.
they have to be configured as zone 33 & 34

Old 04-15-24, 05:22 AM
X
I went in to 003 013 133 134. Couldn't figure it out. I missed 206. Activated it now they are turning off the check mark. but even with no motion the check stays off and cant arm system. There is no resistors on the wires for the sensors but there wasn't when I pulled the system either.

The panel is telling me office motion & lunch room motion are open. Failed to arm. I defaulted the panel by jumpering the wires before setting it up. So shouldn't custom zone names be gone? The red lights are off on the sensors but panel still says open zones

Zeroing out data in 003 makes the check mark light up. But isn't 003 zone definitions for zone 33+? 00 is null data. I tried setting them to instant, Delay, interior, putting any data in 003 other then 00 makes the green check stays off and says zones open.

Last edited by XxTWMLxX; 04-15-24 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Adding a bit more info
Old 04-15-24, 03:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The default is for it to look for the end of line resistor. You can either put a 5.6K ohm resistor in series with one leg of each loop, or go into programming locations 133 & 134 and turn OFF SEOL (option 15) and turn ON NC loops (option 14).

The instructions on the table on page 23 of the manual tells you how to switch to the right set of options to be able to toggle them.

I know, it's way NOT intuitive, and you have to be able to slog through manuals that are really more technical references than "how to"; but the info is all in there.

Old 04-20-24, 06:51 AM
X
Still can't get it to work for nothing. Detectors light up but panel check never goes away. Panel either doesn't see the sensors (wired exactly how they were in business. And wires tested for breaks. Have continuity. It has to still be programming.

I bought and added a wireless motion to test. It adds easily in 898 wireless menu and set it to inside motion no problems. Only is active on arm away. But the 2 wired still don't work.

Old 04-20-24, 07:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Simple test: put 5.6K ohm resistors on the terminals. If the zones close, that means that the zone configuration requires the presence of the resistors. This _can_ be disabled but it may be simpler to just install the resistors.
edit: You can also try the same test with a simple wire jumper. If the zone closes with a wire jumper, then something is wrong with the field wiring, or the way the wires are landed in the motions.

The resistor color bands will be green-blue-red (the 4th band will be silver or gold and is just a tolerance range).

Last edited by MrRonFL; 04-20-24 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Clarification.
Old 04-20-24, 04:55 PM
X
i dont have any resistors right now, i do know how to read color codes of resistors.
ill have to get some and try it.

but its wired exactly how the old actual alarm company wired it in the business so it should work. (it was a monitored system)

as for wire jump if i jump z33 and z34 (1&2) pins on the board
it resets the unit. thats the bypass for forgotten installer code.

Old 04-20-24, 06:17 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Not from I/O to I/O The Jumper (or resistor) would be from each I/O to Aux -; which is all that a non-resistor contact closure device does; just as the hardwire zone input diagram indicates.

You stated that you defaulted the unit. The _default_ configuration for hardwire zones requires the 5.6K resistor, as indicated in the Single end of line diagram. Otherwise, you have to set it for normally close loops as previously suggested.

My recommendation, is to test the inputs using either the wire jumpers or resistor closure using a short length of known good wire, _then_ try to connect the field devices. That way you can determine if the problem is panel configuration, or a field wiring/device problem.

Old 04-22-24, 07:18 AM
X
I wired in a resistor on the NC side.
C in sensor is jumpered from negative to C

On panel pin 1 (zone 33) is connected to sensor NC (I also tried NO) sensor still lights up but check mark doesn't go away.

If connecting zone 33 and 34 together it resets panel so I'm assuming the negative on aux is the common return (how it was wired in old sensor)

I tried using 1(zone 33) on C and 2(zone34) on NC/NO it just causes panel to go into reset when AC is applied.

using a short piece of ethernet for now testing.
Just 2ft from panel.

1 / C(jumpered) / - / + (NC wire)
Also tried
C(jumpered) / 1 / - / + (NO wire)

Old 04-22-24, 07:33 AM
X
When the panel starts up the check and the squiggly circle icon are flashing but says system is ready to arm.

I

tried jumpering zone 34 to negative.

Green check mark stays lit

In (003) I have zones 33/34 set as 03 instant.
In (013) & (206) I have 1&2 enabled to enable the zones
In (133/134) I have 1&5 enabled for SEOL on other options on in those sections.

EDIT: Finally got it to work. Zone 33 and 34 motion are working. Set to instant but work in stay mode as well so I guess I have to define it as interior now. but they do set off the alarm now.

Next question is: I DEFAULTED the panel but zone labels I guess stayed. Motion is still called LUNCH ROOM and OFFICE. what section changes them? I tried looking up zone labels in manual and it says 001 scroll to zone and name it but all I get is a 2 digit numeric field in 001 not a hex editable name.

Last edited by XxTWMLxX; 04-22-24 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-22-24, 08:05 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It sounds like you have worked out both the configuration, and mechanical installation to make the hardwire inputs work for this application. That jumpering from C on the contact to the power negative is a fairly common solution when the base system uses Aux - as both power ground _and_ input common.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: