DCS SCW9047 moving to alarmrelay.com

Old 05-21-24, 08:35 AM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DCS SCW9047 moving to alarmrelay.com

I have a DCS SCW9047 alarm system currently being monitored by ADT. I want to drop ADT and get 'non-interactive monitoring" from alarmrelay.com

My alarm system is currently connecting to ADT via landline. I want to connect to alarmrelay.com using cellular. I don't believe my DCS SCW9047 has any way to add cellular. What is the easiest and cheapest way to add cellular? My main goal is to not have to swap out all my wireless sensors (door sensors and motion sensor).

I've looked at something like Qolsys IQ Panel, but that seems like spending a lot of money for a lot of features I won't need. Also, the IQ Panel will need both alarm.com and a monitoring company monthly subscription which is at least double of my planned monthly fee at alarmrelay.com's landline monitoring of ~$9/month.

I can get a new DCS SCW9057 with a LE2077 communicator from ebay new for around $50. I have a few questions about this solution:

1. In manual for the LE2077, it states:

---------------------------------------------------
"CONNECT 241 ACCOUNT AND SIM CARD ACTIVATION
Installation of the Communicator requires activation with Connect24 before operation.
The LE2077 can be initialized with C24 Communications. To complete enrollment, a C24
Communications login and the 20-digit SIM number are required.
NOTE: The SIM activation process with the cellular carrier typically takes between five an"
------------------------------------------------------

Do I have to use and pay Connect 24? Can I just get a sim card from AT&T with my own data plan and use that on the LE2077?

2. What is the easiest way to copy the program from my existing SCW9047 to the new SCW9057? I do have the installer code for my current SCW9047.

Thanks in advance

Old 05-22-24, 06:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 315 Upvotes on 290 Posts
Yes, the cellular modules for these devices only work with Connect 24. You have to work with a Connect 24 dealer to connect this way.
No, you can't just swap the SIM.

Bear in mind, that DSC may not be supporting this product line anymore.
It's compatible with the DLS software (bearing in mind that ADT branded models may not be compatible with the standard software version); but unless you have a really large number of transmitters, it's probably quicker and easier to just use the programming work sheets to write down you existing configuration, then manually key it in to the new one.
Manual: https://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17246

Poppy123 voted this post useful.
Old 05-22-24, 07:36 AM
P
Thanks MrRonFL. Very useful info.
Is there a cellular dialer capture device that will accept a generic AT&T SIM card (a SIM under my own data plan)?
The plan would be to get a cellular dialer capture device that will connect to the TIP and RING terminals on my DSC SCW9047.
When the DSC SCW9047 needs to call alarmrelay.com the call will go through the cellular dialer capture device. Does a device like this exist?

Old 05-22-24, 08:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 315 Upvotes on 290 Posts
Sort of. There's really nothing that will work the way you are envisioning, using the normal cell network. There are, however devices that can act as a phone line replacement, that transmit the alarm info through a specific data channel that will connect to your central station.

One of the most common solutions is the Telguard TG series. You still have to work through a Telguard dealer for configuration, and to pay the connect fees, so it's not a 100% DIY solution, but it's effective and well established.

Telguard TG-1 express: https://www.telguard.com/product/tg-1-express

Poppy123 voted this post useful.
Old 05-22-24, 08:57 AM
P
Thanks again MrRonFL.
You've been a Godsend :-)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: