looking for alarm

Old 06-11-02, 12:27 PM
mustard
Visiting Guest
looking for alarm

I am looking for an alarm to serve us more when we are home, or when our almost teenage daughter is here alone, or at night when we are all asleep - one that keeps the bad guys away from us.

We want to be able to keep someone from breaking in while we are away, but our primary focus is security when someone is in the house. (we have a very large safe for all the stuff we deem valuable.)

We live in a more rural area and have alarm companies who monitor, but my understanding is that the response time is slow, and we only have one sheriff to cover a very large portion of our county, so for non-emergencies such as a break-in we're pretty much on our own.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-02, 06:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Security system

My security system allows me to set it when I am home. The motion detectors are disabled because I am moving around, but the perimeter security is still set.

I have the same security system at work, and I set it if I am working alone in the store. The police station is two doors from the store, and if there is only one officer on duty the response time can be very slow here too.