Legit Work At Home Jobs

Old 05-26-09, 07:49 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Legit Work At Home Jobs

Hello! I just got laid off from my position with WFF after 5.5 years. I have a 2.5 and 1.5 y/o boys! I'm kinda interested in just working from home.

Does anyone know of any legit companies?

Thanks!

Old 05-26-09, 10:08 AM
B
Received 44 Upvotes on 40 Posts
Hi DIY, bummer. Here is some good advice for our current economy and even if times get better. Never rely on just one source of income. Not sure what WFF is, but choose something different from your, someday, day job. One of the real opportunities you have at your fingertips is the internet, specifically e-bay. If you are not into e-bay as yet, learn it. I have several friends making a full living in their spare time buying and selling on e-bay. They ship all around the world, deal in many currencies, and offer prompt delivery. What can you sell? Just about anything. It is tomorrows market place and as the world expands, everything from america is in demand.

What are your skills, interests, and other talents?

Bud
PS, avoid the get rich work at home ideas, it's someone else that is getting rich.

Last edited by Bud9051; 05-26-09 at 10:13 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-28-09, 10:48 AM
My wife posted this forum. WFF is wells fargo financial.

Ebay is great but how in the hell do you get started. I have always wanted to sell stuff on there. I do know but it is like 2 or 3 things a month. I have sold a car, computers, all kinds of stuff. How do you get bulk and what do you buy?? This is not something that I or my wife would do full time. Part time maybe selling 10 things a week.

Thanks

Old 05-28-09, 11:42 AM
B
Hi diy, first, ebay should be a long term goal. Part time is actually what ebay is, even for full time people. My daughter started by selling everything in the house that wasn't nailed down, my house. She then picked up a few things at yard sales, but thought that took too much time. She has now found a niche where she can get a product and sell it. I come from a hands on background, so my search is for something I can make and sell, still looking, but guaranteed I will come up with something.

I can't suggest anything meaningful for you without knowing what you like and what you are good at, but everyone has something they can do.

Here's a start. Pick up a paperback called "Age Wave" by Ken Dychtwald. I read it many years ago and it is even more relevant today. He will point you to our aging senior population and the services they will need and pay for.

Bud

Last edited by Shadeladie; 05-29-09 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-28-09, 08:45 PM
oK Great! I love ebay but to tell ya the truth, kinda ticked at the whole "FINAL VALUE FEE" that I got charged for selling my coworkers computer for him!! Sold it for 455 and my acct. got charged 18 bucks!! When did this start??? That was why when I parted out another coworkers laptop and sold the parts, I had a 20+ dollar monthly bill from ebay. Kinda a ripoff. The listing fee's are high enough.

I love working on cars! I know a lot about vehicles/parts,etc. Yard sales would be a great start though!!! Buying things super cheap there and selling them on ebay would be a great profit. Just need to know what to look for.
My grandfather, who is 98, just had a yard sale, b/c his son moved in w/ him. There are about 100 vinyl records, all in great shape, also about 50 8 track tapes. All country, no metallica or anything that will realy rake in the money. Also lots of other things that I would love to try and sell on ebay. But time is a factor.

I detail cars for extra cash on the weekends and each vehicle takes me about 4-7hrs. I have an excursion and escalade to do this weekend and that will fetch me around 250 bucks. I have about 38 more vehicles to do after them.

Thanks Bud Beer 4U2

Old 05-29-09, 11:25 AM
B
Sounds like you have a good start. I assume both you and the wife are looking. Different interests will double your options.

One of the work-a-rounds for e-bay is to feed your private web page with a few popular items listed on e-bay. What you buy and sell on ebay will establish your good rating. Then people will consider buying from you privately. You have to stay within their guidelines, but eventually you can establish your own site that draws its own traffic.

As for auto detailing it is good hands on work. But the goal is to establish something that works without you or at least when you want to work. That gives you your time back to create another.

You like working on cars, then you must know that a wrecked car parted out can be worth a fortune. And right now, any leftover metal is just a bonus. Do you have a place to work and maybe store a few parts?

Bud

Last edited by Shadeladie; 05-29-09 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-29-09, 06:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check Careerbuilder , it has lots of resources, tips, and ideas
This note is very interesting with good ideas, it appeared also at CNN.com Need to Earn Some Extra Cash?

Old 05-29-09, 09:34 PM
Thanks, cool website. I will forward it to my wife. She just got an email from a company that does out of home med. transcription, she got rejected. Went to school for it about 5 yrs ago and hasnt' done it since. So this is a big downfall!! THANKS

Old 05-29-09, 09:44 PM
Glad to know you liked it!

An additional resource
Freelancer works--> Getafreelancer

Good luck!!

Old 11-21-10, 12:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
One problem with careerbuilder is that some companies want to hire you as an insurance agent when you put down warehouse laborer was the job you wanted. Not exactly apples to apples. The funniest one I got was a Lexus dealer in Fort Worth, Texas wanted to hire me as a salesperson. Never mind the fact I cannot sell a bald man rogaine, the commute from CT to Texas would be a nightmare.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: