caulk weather stripping

Old 10-18-02, 05:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question caulk weather stripping

I saw a new caulking product on a home improvement show. The contractor was using a caulk to seal around the inside of a window. This was a special caulk that was designed to seal the window but could be removed easily to allow the window to open in the spring or for painting.

Can anyone tell me the name of the product or the manufacturer of the product.

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 10-18-02, 08:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,820
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts This stuff been around for awhile and it comes in different colors. It also has to be warm when you apply it.
Old 10-19-02, 05:17 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
This was not the old rope like caulk. He was using a caulking gun. It was going on like the standard sealants in the tubes. He said when the sealant needed to be removed you just pull it off in long stips. It was designed to seal but be removed easily and it is a new product.

Thank you for your time.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: