vinyl siding advice

Old 11-25-03, 05:21 PM
vinyl siding advice

All: I am a decent do-it-yourselfer and was quoted to have vinyl siding put on my house and the trim wrapped in metal and was scared silly by the price. Its a small cape house with dormers. I know a guy whom is great at doing the aluminum wrapping of molding and will most likely have him do that. I will replace the gutters, shutters, any damaged clapboards (or remove if necessary), and then get down to putting up the siding with my father in law whom is a contractor. I plan to do this in March so I will learn as much as a I can and the tricks to do the siding myself. Can someone point me in the direction to learn about siding install? Websites, books (good library near me), and people in the Ashland / Framingham MA area to talk to. I am patient and will do a good job. I just can't spend a ridiculous amount on it since we have a new baby.Thanks all: e3

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-03, 08:16 PM
http://www.certainteed.com/cside/csvs00008fu.html

This site will give you some ideas and information on how to install vynal siding. The problem most do-it-yourselfers have with siding is dealing with special or unusual features on the house. This site will familarize you with these types of situation and how to deal with them. There are quite a few similar sites on the net, this is just one. Just search the web for "Siding".