Weatherstripping doors & windows

Old 01-19-04, 05:38 PM
bkeck
Visiting Guest
Weatherstripping doors & windows

Our house is cold and drafty, and I'm sure new weatherstripping would help tremendously. Trouble is, I have NO earthly idea how to do it or how to pick out what type is right for our doors/windows (and my husband is not real "handyman"-minded). It's cold here this week, and every time I get near a door or window I feel a draft.

If I go to Home Depot or Lowes and ask for help, can anyone tell me what I need to know beforehand? Like what questions they'll ask me?

ANY help appreciated!

Becky

Old 01-20-04, 07:00 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Becky

All the mysteries and installation of insulation have been solved. The taks is not difficult. The packages are labled for the intended purpose and the material is self adhesive.

All you need to do is measure the width of the space to seal, the distances and thickness needed. Type of window is no problem.

The weatherstripping is designed to meet all needs and comes in several varities. No real problem since the packages can be purchased to meet all types of requirements.

I would suggest shopping a privately owned local hardware store or the do it yourself store. The packages come with all the instructions. The only tool needed is a common scissors.

The prepackaged rolls also come in colors. Unused and unopened packages can be exchanged if the size is not correct or more than is needed is purchased.

Weatherstripping is a great energy saver and do it yourself home improvement project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: