building performance sheets

Old 03-27-04, 06:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
building performance sheets

Can someone direct me to a site that shows how to read these building performance sheets I've got?

They have like base points, summer points, winter points, heating, cooling, hot water, etc..

My sheet says total base points = 33093, and 'as built points' are 31379, etc..

e-ratio = .95
energy performance score = 84.2 ?(86 would get the house an energy star designation.. funky eh?)
I bet I could get that by installing a more efficient water heater, this one being installed has a rating of .87 (50g elec)

Old 03-28-04, 10:21 AM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
http://www.njenergystarhomes.com/mai...uidelines.html

This site explains how most Energy Star Homes programs are evaluated, but it is for New Jersey. You should have a similar website for your State. The rule of thumb most States are using is a 30% more efficient house than popular standard building methods for your area. The point system they are using then should indicate what is standard and an Energy Star Home points should be 30% higher than the standard built house in your area. Some States where air conditioning is used a lot the percentage is lower than the rule of thumb being used. The reason for this is Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). Some increase the value of a specific measure or action than other States primarily because it addresses the concern with IAQ. So interpreting your State's Building Performance Sheets, I would have to see the builder's guidelines for your State.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: