Fiberglass insulation dangerous?

Old 06-14-04, 11:18 AM
Sabina
Visiting Guest
Fiberglass insulation dangerous?

Hi, I just finished installing a type of soundproofing fiberglass insulation under a second floor bedroom. The product is called "Safe 'n Sound". I placed it betweent the wood posts and on top of the first floor's drywall ceiling. The floor installed on top is solid oak. After reading some articles about insulation fiber glass hazards, I am quite worried that I may have added a dangerous pollutant into my kid's bedroom. I didn't place any vapor barrier on top of the insulation because the package said it was not necessary inside the house. The insulation is not touching any air ducts and it's not exposed at all. Should I be concerned? Can someone please comment?
Thank you,
Sabina

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-04, 01:12 PM
Wink

Id say no. You should have a mask on when your working with it or moving it around. After that its ok .From what I know with working with it for years.

ED

Old 06-14-04, 04:53 PM
Sabina
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ed for answering. It is comforting to learn your opinion in the matter. Yes I wore a mask, goggles and gloves while installing. It is hard to know what is safe and what's not.
Thanks again.
Sabina