through the wall fan?

Old 11-10-04, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
through the wall fan?

We use a pellet stove for our primary heat, it is rated about 700 sq. feet larger than our home. The problem is I need to find a way to circulate some warm air to our bedroom, which is straight back from the stove. The wifes 2 requirements are it has to be quiet and not look like crap. Right now I am using a fan placed on top of a cabinet in the hallway, with the fan on low it is very quiet and keeps the back bedroom warm and toasty, but does not meet the "does not look like crap" requirement. I picked up a door frame fan at Home Depot tonight figuring problem solved, not quite. This fan moves much less air than the table fan I'm using and is amazingly loud for it's size and the amount of air it moves. I was looking at the door this evening, there is over a foot of space between the top of the door frame and the ceiling, this would be a perfect place for a variable speed vent fan that mounts through the wall. Is this a readily available product or something I'll have to create? Can't seem to find one on the web so if they exist I'd appreciate a link or 2.

Old 11-10-04, 07:32 PM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
http://www.smarthome.com/3010.html

You can adapt this fan for your use. You can also use a in-line duct booster fan, which you can find on that site. There are some other products that may interest you there too.

Old 11-10-04, 07:43 PM
I saw that one and have browsed their other products, they have the same door fan that I got from Home Depot, the reviews for the product on the link you gave indicate it is fairly loud as well. It has to be quiet enough for our bedroom.

Old 05-28-08, 06:58 AM
S
through the wall fan

Originally Posted by Davejb View Post
We use a pellet stove for our primary heat, it is rated about 700 sq. feet larger than our home. The problem is I need to find a way to circulate some warm air to our bedroom, which is straight back from the stove. The wifes 2 requirements are it has to be quiet and not look like crap. Right now I am using a fan placed on top of a cabinet in the hallway, with the fan on low it is very quiet and keeps the back bedroom warm and toasty, but does not meet the "does not look like crap" requirement. I picked up a door frame fan at Home Depot tonight figuring problem solved, not quite. This fan moves much less air than the table fan I'm using and is amazingly loud for it's size and the amount of air it moves. I was looking at the door this evening, there is over a foot of space between the top of the door frame and the ceiling, this would be a perfect place for a variable speed vent fan that mounts through the wall. Is this a readily available product or something I'll have to create? Can't seem to find one on the web so if they exist I'd appreciate a link or 2.
Please respond with purchase information.

Old 05-30-08, 04:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Sisko, welcome to the forums! This thread is over 4 years old, and the posters may not be viable at this date. If you need more information, you may be better off starting a new thread with your questions. Look forward to helping you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: