circumventing heat/air condition???


Old 03-15-05, 04:10 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
circumventing heat/air condition???

I just bought a house. Where i want to put the bed in my room will be smack on top of the vent for heat/air condition. For now, i cant afford to have it switched to a new place in the room or close it off because its the only one.

Is there a product that would latch on to the vent and maybe have a tube that runs from it where the air will be circumvented to the rest of the room?

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-05, 01:05 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,873

Create a chase by taking two pieces of plywood 3 inches in width and the length from the register to out from under your bed. Cut another piece of plywood the same length but the width a little bit wider than the register. Nail the 3 inch wide pieces to the edges of the plywood. Take another piece 3 inches in width the length between the two pieces that are also 3 inches. And nail it to the ends of the longer 3 inch pieces to box in the chase.

Lay the boxed end over the register to cover it completely and the open end out from under the bed. And you're done.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes