energy efficient bulbs

Old 06-30-05, 11:56 AM
sunshine22
Visiting Guest
Question energy efficient bulbs

Hi everyone!
I recently got my own place, and I put in all my lamps and lighting fixtures and I have a problem. I seem to be buying lightbulbs more than I would like to. I have heard of bulbs that last longer and are more energy efficient known as Ozonelite bulbs. I was curious as to whether anyone has tried them, and if they have worked well or saved energy? Thanks for any and all of your help.

Old 07-01-05, 06:19 AM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL) greatest advantage is the time that they last. On their package they usually state the number of hours they will last, like 10,000 hours. Whereas most incandescent light bulbs usually last only 1,500 hours. Fluorescense lighting usually works well in residential applications as general and aesthetic. Task lighting is usually unsuited for fluorescent lighting, unless you use a lot of it. Meaning to say several lights and/or fixtures. A concern with CFL's is outdoor applications. While we see fluorescent lighting outdoors all the time with commercial signs, etc., with residential CFL's are not used in the same manner. When it is cold outside, it takes a while for the CFL to fully illuminate. The are some CFL's specifically designed for outdoor use.

Old 08-05-05, 07:49 AM
kbloch
Visiting Guest
I have Ozonelite bulbs and they work great!! I had skyrocketing electricity bills, did some research and found Ozonelite. They have made a difference in my bills and helped my allergies. I recommend giving them a try, I ordered them off their website, www.ozonelite.com. Good luck!

Old 10-10-05, 01:18 PM
Jester65
Visiting Guest
I have been looking for something that is energy efficient and will help lower my bills. Do these O*ZONELite bulbs really work? How many do you have? Did it lower your electric bills by a lot?

Old 10-10-05, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
energy efficient bulbs

I just bought some GE compact flourescent bulbs (100w) for $1.79 (3.79-2.00 instant rebate) at a local Ace store. 75s & 60's were less. A 100 w flourescent used the equivalent of a traditional 15w or 25w.

I had been losing a garage door bulb every few days - aligning and adjusting the door to smooth it out didn't help. Max life was 2 weeks - now going strong in my third week on a flourescent since they do not seem to be as subject to vibration problems.

Should be OK in the winter since all sides are heated except the door.

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: