Old 10-03-07, 06:59 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 13
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I'm redoing a bedroom (getting ready for the first baby!) and I gouged out all the caulking around the window (it was old and the guy did a messy job). What should I use to re-caulk? Can I just use that DAP painter's caulk (I think it's called "Alex" or something like that)? It's a new(er) window that was fit into the old trim/opening...
Old 10-03-07, 09:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 48,162
Received 408 Votes on 364 Posts
I'm not overly fond of DAP's caulking and alex is a poor choice. A quality latex caulking will have 'siliconized acrylic' in the name somewhere - not to be confused with silicone caulk which is not latex or paintable.

Obviously the neater you apply the caulk the better it will look. A damp sponge or rag [sometimes a wet finger] will help to 'tool' out the bead and make it look nice.

BTW - congratulations on becoming a proud parent!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: