Cold bedroom

Old 01-19-08, 12:04 PM
Cold bedroom

My son's bedroom is always cold... We live on the 2nd floor end unit condo. Our bedrooms are on the end of the building. Heat is all electric and the bedrooms each only have one vent. My bedroom has a sliding glass door and yet my son's room is STILL the coldest room with only one window.

He's not quite 3 yet, and I am very uncomfortable with space heaters. We purchased new windows two years ago and while it seemed to help a little, it doesn't seem enough. I currently have a thermal drape over the window.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-08, 02:35 PM
Group Moderator
How many outside walls? What's above and below his room?

Old 01-19-08, 04:50 PM
Have a heating gut do a load on the home. This will tell you how much heat the room will need and they can make changes.

Old 01-19-08, 05:17 PM
His room has two outside walls. The ceiling in his room is high and slopes upward, as we are the top unit and the attic is above.

Originally Posted by mitch17 View Post
How many outside walls? What's above and below his room?

Old 01-19-08, 07:16 PM
You could install a small ceiling fan in to push the warm air back down.

Jai

Old 01-22-08, 05:05 AM
Smile Heat to room

I had the same problem. Checked the duct work in the attic leading to the room and found a section of the duct had become slightley disconnected allowing cold/hot air to escape into the attic. Worth checking out.

Old 01-22-08, 11:49 AM
Here is something you might want to consider as a temporary solution until you can get it checked out better.

I have one of these EQ2 booster fans in one of the spare bedroom vents. Works pretty well at pulling the heat in without causing issues else where in the house by pulling the heat out of other rooms.

It will work on a wall or floor vent. Can be temp controlled so when the heat (or central air) turns on it can start pulling the heat (or cold) into the room. Then shuts off when not in use based on the temp gauge you set it at.