Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tankless

02-25-09, 09:23 AM   #1  
tankless

Hi
I just bought a house and it has a oil water heating and oil heating (Hot water). I do have gas conection to the house and was wondering to convert the hot water and heating to gas.
I know there are tankless water heaters for the hot water but is there a something simular for the heat itself. I can use the tankless water heater for the hot water but what can I do to get the furnice out too???
Thank you
Nermin

Sponsored Links

IL

02-25-09, 11:06 AM   #2  
You can use a tankless (or tank) water heater to also provide heat for your radiant system. There are some issues with combining potable and radiant water systems, but it can be done. You'll need to do some more research on all the possible options.

02-25-09, 01:21 PM   #3  
So it is posible to use a bigger tankless water heating unit and to conect them to the radiatos.
Do you know any sites that explains what systsme would be the best?

IL

02-26-09, 09:40 AM   #4  
These systems are usually custom designed to tailor to your specific needs. Here is a basic plumbing diagram from Takagi water heaters. There are alot of variables in designing something like this and you can find alot of info online with some searching. Here some other examples when combined with radiant systems. These at least convince you its possible, now you need to educate yourself before jumping into anything.

02-26-09, 11:07 AM   #5  
got it, I probobly going to replace the whole heating system and go with tankless and floor heating, it seems its the best way and plus with all the goverment grants and tax credit, it seems to be the best choice and I probobly only going to spend 50% of the price after I got all the goverment credit
Thank you

CA

02-27-09, 10:13 PM   #6  
Three years ago I replaced a thirty-five gallon tank style water heater with a Takagi Tk-jr tankless unit. I've been smiling ever since. I smile because the unit saves energy and I now have unlimited duration hot running water. The unit has been trouble free.

If you go tankless, Takagi is probably the way to go. I recommend that you install a water filter unit such as an Omni U25 or OB5 with an activated charcoal filter ahead of the water heater. OmniFilter - Homepage

Search this Thread