Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mortite weatherstripping caulk cord

03-01-09, 08:21 PM   #1  
Mortite weatherstripping caulk cord

I just bought some of this Mortite weatherstripping caulk cord in grey from Home Depot. there is nothing on the box that tells me what is in the stuff, and I have a dog who will eat ANYTHING. Even drink comet. Needless to say, this dog has been rushed to the vet a number of times for self-inflicted poisoning.

Now he is eating this weatherstripping cord out of where I have just put it, and I would love to know if there is anything poisonous in it. If anyone can set my mind at ease, or suggest another trip to the vet, I'd be grateful. Thanks

Sponsored Links

VA

03-02-09, 12:14 PM   #2  
Suggest you reach out to the company.Ask for the MSDS or the info on it.That is the material safety data sheet.MSDS is available and has to be by law.

Doubt there is poison in it but still could maybe make a dog sick.

RI

03-04-09, 02:01 PM   #3  
Posted By: madfaust I just bought some of this Mortite weatherstripping caulk cord in grey from Home Depot. there is nothing on the box that tells me what is in the stuff, and I have a dog who will eat ANYTHING. Even drink comet. Needless to say, this dog has been rushed to the vet a number of times for self-inflicted poisoning.

Now he is eating this weatherstripping cord out of where I have just put it, and I would love to know if there is anything poisonous in it. If anyone can set my mind at ease, or suggest another trip to the vet, I'd be grateful. Thanks
i know ace hardware.com offers msds but i do not know if they carry mortite or the ace brand that maybe made by the same company.

just checked but they are not available by w j dennis it's
not required for their product. federal law does not apply to our products.

Super Moderator

AZ

03-04-09, 02:10 PM   #4  
If the dog will eat comet..it's indestructible...let it eat.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Search this Thread