Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Crawl Space

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

12-23-00, 04:02 PM   #1  
I recently purchased a home and the home has hot water heat. the pipes aren't insulated neither is the floor. I in the process of insulating the floor and the hot water pipes and installing a vapor barrier. Should i close the vent during the winter months and is it ok to insulate the water lines.

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

12-23-00, 06:09 PM   #2  
Hi:tommym

In my opinion, it's always a good idea to insulate the hot water pipes and install a vapor barrier. Not a good idea to close the under house air vents.

In regards to closing any under house air flow ventilation vents, read the prior posting topic called "close vents" asked by FontanaHorseman.

In that posted topic, you'll have two opposite opinons posted. The information posted may help you decide which to do. Leave them opened or close them.

You may also want to check back further into the archives, in this forum, for more opinions on the subject of closing underhouse air vents.

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread