condensation on windows and ceilings

Old 01-26-01, 12:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I have condensation on all the windows in my home (the windows are the old type which require a storm window or screen to be added seasonally - storm up presently). The condensation is creating mold around the base of the windows, where the condensation "pools". I have turned the humidity right down on my furnace. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada it is quite cold outside. My home is of brick exterior and plaster walls interior. I am wondering what can be done to stop the condensation from occuring, if anything?!?!?! I have had estimates on replacing the windows, however one company said the condensatin will still occur...

I have also noticed droplets of water on the ceiling around the exterior wall in some rooms (those facing west)... there is mold in these locations also. I am worried about health issues for my infant (and myself).

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-01, 11:59 PM
Replace the windows with ones that have both low-E glass and are argon filled, with either vinyl or clad frames. Whatever kind of windows this one contractor offers, (which, by his own admission) will still have a condensation problem, you don't want those windows -- YOU CAN'T AFFORD THEM!

Search this Thread