What door weatherstripping do I need?

Old 10-21-14, 10:30 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 74
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What door weatherstripping do I need?

I am trying to replace door weatherstripping on my entry doors.

2 Metal doors and one wood door.

I went to the home improvement store by me and I did not see anything like what I have or anything close.

The one that is on the wood door is wrong anyways (I think) to me it looks like a magnetic one. It looks like the magnetic strip is mounted to a separate piece of wood that is then nailed to the door jam. I am not sure if that is the way it supposed to be but that door does not seal well. A lot of gaps around it.

On the 2 metal doors it looks like 2 separate self adhesive triangle thin rubber-foam strips stuck on top of each other. It does seal OK, except the spots that it is missing.

Any clue on what is the correct weatherstripping is needed for these doors?


The first 4 pictures is from the metal doors.
The last picture is from the wood door.

Old 10-21-14, 04:25 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 36,608
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
While you may have magnetic seals on the metal door, it may not be necessary, since technology has gone further. For the doors with the slits, you can install these to form a good seal Frost King E/O 1 in. x 7 ft. White Vinyl-Clad Foam Kerf Door Seal-DS7W/25 at The Home Depot They just press into the kerf.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: