Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!


's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

07-18-01, 05:54 PM   #1  
Please help!
I have a metal front door to the house and a wooden jam. I removed a weatherstrip that was inserted in the jam, and now I'm trying to renew it with something else. Unfortuneately, the door is warped at the top right hand corner, so it's not a constant fit. Can you recommend the best weatherstrip to be flexible enough for the wide gap at the top and the narrow gap at the bottom?

Sponsored Links
lefty's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 9,238

07-21-01, 05:17 AM   #2  
Look for a jamb-up kit in the weatherstripping section at any of the big box stores. The style that will work for you is one that has an aluminum (or tin) strip about an inch wide with a vinyl seal. You'll get the top, both legs, and plenty of screws in the kit.

Search this Thread