Hiring Someone to Winterize Home


Old 01-04-02, 12:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hiring Someone to Winterize Home

This is our first winter in our first home. I would like to hire someone to do some basic winterization. I could probabaly figure out most of this stuff but it would take me until Spring to get it all done. Are there sevices that specialize in this kind of work? I looked in the phonebook under "Weatherproofing" and "Winterizing" but foud nothing.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-02, 01:23 AM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,873
Check with your local public utility, I think it's PGW. I know they sub-contract their building performance to Honeywell DMC and maybe a few other companies. I don't kow if they provide weatherization program for their customers any more, most utilities have stopped doing so. I do know they do for low income and Seniors. Check their web site for tips on conserving. They are usually quite simple and easy to do yourself.

You can also search the web for ENERGY STAR, it's a program nationwide by the Dept of Energy and the EPA, which is rare because these two agencies don't like each other. Once on that site, click on contractors or links and it will ask what area your from. You might find a contractor in our area.

Personal note, I was contracted to run the Energy Star Program in the State I'm from. I resigned just prior to it coming on line. This is because it looks like a giant sales campaign. You'll notice that once you get on the site. Even their ENERGY ANALYSISER promotes purchasing products and services. However, the site does provide links to other sites that you might find very useful.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes