Metal Door Weatherstripping


Old 01-16-02, 03:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Metal Door Weatherstripping

I have a metal entrance door, and part of the (weatherstrip/gasket) has been destroyed by my cat.........
The (gasket?) seem similar to the ones on refrigerater doors.
Problem: I can't find a supplier to get a replacement for it.
Could I use a refrig. door gasket for this. HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-02, 06:30 AM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,873
The the gasket you are referring to is very similar to the gasket on your refrigerator. The difference is how it attaches to the refrigerator and the door stop on your door jamb. The two are not interchangable.

The next time you go to Home Depot or Lowes or similar store, look at the display doors that have similar weather-stripping like your door. The look for a manufacturer lable. You find the name and maybe a web address where you can contact them for the part which comes with instructions. You could also ask the sale person, the store may carry the part or even order it for you.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes