Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Nascar wall system

Visiting Guest

04-23-02, 05:30 AM   #1  
petercooch
Nascar wall system

I'm looking at buying a property and it lists as having a Nascar wall system, what is this?, I think its about insulation but thats all I know about it.

Sponsored Links

NJ

04-23-02, 08:15 PM   #2  
I never heard of Nascar wall system. They may be referring to raceways in walls. I saw it at an Expo some years back concerning building materials for the future. This is where channels are built into the wall that allow wires and tubes to be snake through them without breaking up the wall.

Visiting Guest

05-01-02, 01:51 PM   #3  
Bydesignprez
I think you mean NASCORE wall system which is some sort of foam injected wall system that I have seen around which promises high energy efficiency but it just never caught on. The construction was studs with foam injected into the voids, and then panels of prestressed skins of some sort resulted.

Visiting Guest

05-07-02, 03:58 AM   #4  
petercooch
Nascore wall system

As our member in Manitoba thought, it is foam insulated panels used in house construction, I had a good look at the property this weekend and I was impressed, so I've learned something new

Search this Thread