Vinyl Siding Question

Old 04-27-02, 08:59 PM
globnot
Visiting Guest
Certainteed or Alcoa Vinyl Siding?

I am looking to put vinyl siding on my house. The existing shaker shingles on the house are in excellent condition, but I like the look and low-maintenance of vinyl siding. I have contacted a few siding contractors and it seems like Certainteed or Alcoa are the brands they use. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these two brands and is 3/8 inch Insul-Wrap enough?

Thanks.

Old 04-28-02, 06:41 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
In My Professional Opinion

Hello: globnot

Generally speaking, either brand name will do just fine. Both brands are trustworthy and have been in business for many years. Determine which brand is most popular in your area, if possible. Speak to other homeowners using the brands and get contractor referrals.

The most important consideration, in my opinion, is to deal with a local contractor and dealer whom has be in business for years and installing sidings locally.

In regards to the Insul-Wrap, that may depend upon climate zone and other factors. The trusted dealer would know best what is currently being used and has been used within your area.

A phone call to the siding manufactures customer service center may offer additional helpful suggestions and advice on questions you may have. Each wants to sell it's brand and most likely will offer helpful information.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Host & Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Efficient Services.....
Energy Conservation Consultants & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technicians.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: