vinyl siding over concrete block?

Old 05-27-02, 05:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
vinyl siding over concrete block?

Well, the shop has gotten to the point where SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! , to improve its looks a bit. Vinyl siding appears to be the most inexpensive, easier alternative among those options I have explored. That said, I know that I'll need to attach furring strips to the walls, but what should go between the strips and the actual siding? It seems to me that if nothing were put there that the siding would be very "flimsy", between the strips with nothing to back it up. I'm open to any suggestions or opinions!

Old 05-27-02, 06:25 PM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You can have backer board installed before the siding. Ask for it after you get a quote for siding. The backer boards are the same shape as the siding and is specifically designed to be used with siding.

Old 05-28-02, 04:10 AM
Thank you for your reply! However, I am not having a contractor do this as I simply cannot afford it, also this is a shop we're talking about. An old not very well built shop . Anything done to it will improve its looks.

Perhaps 1/2" CDX? (or whatever they call it these days --- 15/32"?)

Old 05-28-02, 12:38 PM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you're looking only to spruce up the place, then any type of exterior grade siding will do. Because of the brick you're going to have to furr it out first. Good luck with your project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: