Swamp cooler Squirrel cage

Old 06-13-07, 06:41 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Swamp cooler Squirrel cage

Does anyone know where I can buy a new squirrel cage for my swamp cooler, or even a used one in better condition? I've looked on the cooler itself and I don't find any name brand, serial numbers, or model numbers anywhere that I can see other than the motor itself, which was replaced. Everything in the cooler itself is in great condition, with the exception of the cage itself. Rust has pretty well demolished it. One of the arms are cracked completely through. I've pulled everything apart to clean, lube, and service it. The cage measures 16" (W) x 16"(diameter) x 3/4" shaft. My cooler is a plastic unit, including the ducting surrounding the cage. I hate to throw the whole thing away simply because I can't find replacement parts. I've seen where I can buy new spider arms with the bearing assembly, but I am afraid there is not enough metal left to attach the thing securely. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Musicman_1975

Old 06-14-07, 05:31 AM
Most electric motor repair shops will carry them also Grainger, Johnstone Supply, and McMaster Carr should have what you need.

Old 06-15-07, 04:21 PM
D
Hi, check tradewinds or breezair cooler. type in the name in a search eng and you should get the web site of maker of the cooler. you will not find that part at a hardware store. i hope this helps.

Old 06-15-07, 07:42 PM
M
Talking Found one

I tried Grainger, but no luck. In my area they only deal with businesses. Found another place that could order one for $90 dollars, but it is on back order and would be at least a month before it was in. Cosidering it's 102 outside today, I didn't want to wait. I did find someone locally though who refurbishes coolers, then resales them. I managed to locate a cage that was in great shape. And for $40, I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the help everyone

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: