Master Cool Thermostat Help

Old 06-30-07, 10:38 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Master Cool Thermostat Help

I had a master cool swamp cooler installed earlier this week. Unfortunately I was not home at the time, they did not leave a manual and I don't know a thing about swamp coolers.

When I turn the thermostat on the fan light is flashing green. At first I thought it was waiting for the pads to get wet before blowing but after 15-20 minutes, it was still flashing.

I was able to find a manual online but it doesn't say what the flashing green light means, only if it's on the fan is blowing, if it's off the fan isn't blowing. Anyone know what the flashing means?

Thanks

Old 07-01-07, 01:30 AM
C
I sure hope you find the answer to this as mine (Master Cool Plus/Teletek thermostat) does the same thing. Not all the time and not always under the same operating conditions. Sometimes when I "push" the temp dial into operating mode - sometimes while it's in "AUTO" mode.

Turning the temp back up and then back down or power off-on clears it for me.

I had it serviced for the season, after a roofing job, and I asked the guys "WHY?". They didn't know and could only offer that it might be waiting for the pads to get wet or a pump cycle.

I did notice one thing - I think - if I just put it in "FAN" mode w/out any cool or auto, I don't remember it ever happening. Only when the pump is expected to run.

I sure would like to know why myself

Old 07-02-07, 10:03 PM
B
Spoke to a tech at Master Cool

After many transfers and too much time on hold here is what I learned.

According to the tech, the flashing light means the pump is pre-wetting and should only last 4-5 minutes then the fan should come on. If the light contineus to flash beyond that, turn the thermostat off then turn off the breaker to the unit. Leave it off for 10 minutes then restart and it should be fine.

Not unlike rebooting your computer when it locks up I guess.

Old 07-03-07, 02:01 AM
C
I guess that service tech that opened me this year was right.

I never tried (nor was any mention made of) the reset on the breaker - only a quick power off-power on at the thermostat or backing off the temp dial and coming back to cool.

I know mine sat flashing for a lot more than the 15 minutes you spoke of one day. I'll try that next time, with the breaker.

Thanks a lot for posting that and for the call to the MC tech.

>>> How about that! I was ready to post this and I look at the therm only to see a flashing lite. While I'm typing this, it kicks on by itself. That's a first (that I've seen)!

Old 07-15-07, 04:08 AM
C
Just a little more info/update on this:

I have yet to see it NOT kick in after the flashing lite routine this year. I've only had it two summers but this summer the power was cut to the unit for a reroof. Last year, the power was never off - just at the thermostat (things beyond my control).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: