evaporative cooler motor problem?

Old 07-15-09, 02:18 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry evaporative cooler motor problem?

Hi there~

I have a problem with my evaporative cooler that started last year, but seemed to go away after I put oil on the proper parts. It started by just turning off by itself after running for a couple of hours. This year it started doing it again. I would let it sit for awhile and then start it up again. Then it started having difficulty starting, like the motor wasn't strong enough. It had power to it, but couldnt turn the wheel. Do I need a new motor?
~ Kami

Old 07-15-09, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
New motor...or possibly a capacitor..if its a big whole house unit.

Does it spin freely by hand? Any noise or drag?

Fan mounted to the motor or a belt drive?

Old 07-15-09, 03:16 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You need to make sure the cooler has the right size motor in it and the pulley that you are using on the motor is not too big.
Does this cooler have a model number or a name anywhere? If you can tell me the brand of the cooler and measure the outside of the cabinet for me with the length and width, I can tell you what motor you will need.
Also I would like to know what horsepower motor the cooler has in it now and also where and how the cooler is mounted,
( window, roof, ducted through many vents or just into one big vent)
Also might be possible that your blower bearings are seizing up. Please reply back so we can help you.Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: