new swamp coller user with float problems and ?s

Old 07-01-10, 09:47 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new swamp coller user with float problems and ?s

i just moved into an rv with a rooftop swamp cooler. no model info found. it leaks because the float is not being held down by the metal bracket. the bracket (or whatever its called) is almost completely rusted away. also not exactly sure where to attach the black water hose. i understand i could screw in a new bracket.

also, what do all the settings do - pump, fan only etc...

help appreciated

Old 07-02-10, 03:55 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can buy a new float bracket, or fabricate your own.
DO NOT drill a hole and install the float on a corner post! Mounting the float on a corner post makes the corner of the cooler rot out faster and on smaller coolers, makes it hard to put the side panels back on in that area.

As far as the black hose you are talking about, is it a 1/4" hose that goes to the float? Or is it a 1/2" hose?
If it is a 1/2" hose, then it needs to be attached up top where the water distributor tubes are, it runs between those and the pump.

Also, it's possible that it may be a bleedoff line. Where does the line run from that you are talking about?

If the cooler needs new pads, make sure you only buy the inexpensive wood aspen pads, the other pads they sell for these types of coolers do not work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: