OK to run swamp cooler with one pad/side still off?

Old 06-27-17, 07:43 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
OK to run swamp cooler with one pad/side still off?

Yesterday I started hearing a strange low noise from our swamp cooler. I am draining the water, and cleaning out the dirt at teh bottom, but I'm wondering if it would be ok to run it while one of the pads is still off--so I could try to figure out where exactly that noise is coming from. All that would happen is that some of the water (that is meant for the tray at the top of the pad) would come splashing down on me, right---or is there something else that could go wrong?

Old 06-27-17, 05:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,953 Upvotes on 3,546 Posts
Water must be run thru a panel for cooling to take effect. If you run with only one of two in place you will get considerably reduced cooling.

Old 06-27-17, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
As well as water being sucked in as a liquid, not a vapor. If it's just a quick status/troubleshooting check sure, but I wouldn't run it that way for a longer period.

Old 06-20-18, 09:19 AM
L
When I spoke to Bonaire direct they MY noise could be from the sealed fan motor bearing.??? Anyone know of another retailer where I can purchase a new fan motor. Bonaire part # 6281601SP . Thanks in advance

Old 07-01-18, 02:14 PM
S
Yeah, call Bonaire USA helpline. They are the only one you can get that motor from. Nice cooler but when it comes to certain parts, you can't just run to HD or lowes and buy them, especially the motor

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: