Pitched Roof Curb and Other Issues

Old 06-14-19, 09:06 AM
Pitched Roof Curb and Other Issues

Hello everyone,

I have a 2 story house, approximately 2,200 square feet. I have two units installed; one upstairs, one downstairs.

I am replacing the downstairs one with a slightly larger unit. Current unit is a SMALL 28x28 cube. I'm putting a 36x36 unit up there.

I currently have what looks to be a sheet metal curb platform, but it will no longer work due to size and rust. Where the heck do you buy A/C platforms, curbs, etc? I don't want to get the angle iron adjustable stand because I don't want to drill holes into my 3 year old roof.

Also, the old AC has a side draft opening of 15x15...and the new one is 18x18. I am having trouble finding a duct reducer or transition. I would even attempt to make my own if I could find an 18x18 duct that I could cut and rivet. It's strange how hard it is to find some of this stuff.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-19, 06:11 AM
A few pictures would help in understanding your problem?

Old 06-15-19, 09:09 AM
Group Moderator
Duct work is typically made on demand. Look for a duct supply "tin knocker" in your areas. They can make any size duct needed.

A platform and a curb are two different things. Curbs are built in place to a certain size.
How-insert-pictures.