MasterCool Evap Cooler Issues

Old 05-29-20, 08:24 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
MasterCool Evap Cooler Issues

I have a 2 speed 230V MasterCool Evap cooler in my roof controlled by a thermostat with Hi-Lo, Cool-Vent. Anyway I have 2 issues that can't seem to solve, hope someone has some insight:

1. I noticed the cooler made a shaking noise when it first powered then it would settle and run fine. I thought it was the motor since it had some play. I bought a new motor and it keeps doing the same issue. However, I noticed that it does not shake when it starts, it shakes when it changes speeds. It shakes because it looks as if the motor slows or increases the speed by somewhat stopping in intervals and at every interval it picks up speed and it's actually when it shakes. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, any thoughts on what may be causing the shake?

2. The second issue is that after installing the new motor, it all worked well for 2 days. Now, it is not powering. The water pump does work when I lower the thermostat, as if its getting ready to start, I can hear the pump humming, but the motor does not kick in. Doubt it's the motor considering its brand new. I tried all settings, hi, lo, cool and vent, all in the coolest setting, but none work.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-20, 09:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 823 Votes on 773 Posts
Is that a belt driven cooler ?
If so.... is the belt tension ok.
Does the fan spin easily with the belt off ?
Does the fan have a grease-able bearing ?

When the pump gets power..... it should pump.
If it's not then possible the motor is bound.... something stuck in the pump like rust.
Possible the water line is plugged.