Shed siding question

Old 03-08-04, 04:46 AM
Y
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shed siding question

I've been looking around for weeks nows for the best siding for what I can afford. Cedar siding is the #1 pick but it's out of my price range. Like I said I've been to every store and it seems that Lowes have the best selection with the best prices. It's come down to 2 choices. Lowes has this Primed wood panel board 4x8 sheets that look pretty good, its molded and it has that wood grain look to it. But they also have this other type of panel board, I think it's hardwood board, it looks like wonder board ( the stuff you lay on the floor under tile). It is a dollar more a panel but it looks very fragile, like if I was to put a nail in it, it may crack. It also claims it will never get mold, or rot for life. The only thing I don't like about it is, it doesn't really have the same detail look the wood panel does.
My question is for those siding guys, which is better? The wood panel which has better wood grain look, cheaper, how long it will last I don't know?
Or that fiber board panel, reall no detail wood look, but will last forever.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-04, 06:56 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
For a shed, one that lasts forever sounds promising. The manufacturer should be able to advise the proper technique for fastening the panels successfully without cracking.